Help w/ Bot

first off, have you told the creator about the error? it is probally easier for him to help you and everyone else by fixing the bug than us trying to help you..(we have to use the script observe the error and then decipher what is happeing line by line whereas the creator usually knows the script very well already)...not trying to be rude only help srry if I played off as that

[sup]Psibernetic[/sup]My Creations:X-HideSecuracy

Well I contacted a couple people and am waiting for there reply. If you guys can help me out, that would be even better. I'm trying to do this:

1)make it so the mouse will click a certain spot after a certain time so I can join a mission after I die (tried to fix it, but not working)

2)fix the looting because it's not working for me (also - is there a way to pick up certain items, like by pixelsearching for names?)

3)make it so that I autorun ONLY when I get stuck

4)shorten the attack sequence down & make it attack only when I get near the target (ex. using radar to tell) - because the attacks miss if not followed by the correct spell (if casted too early)

5)make it teleport back to town and exit again so monsters can respawn (press M after 20 min and keep running until out of town to autohunt again)

Well I contacted a couple people and am waiting for there reply. If you guys can help me out, that would be even better. I'm trying to do this:

1)make it so the mouse will click a certain spot after a certain time so I can join a mission after I die (tried to fix it, but not working)

2)fix the looting because it's not working for me (also - is there a way to pick up certain items, like by pixelsearching for names?)

3)make it so that I autorun ONLY when I get stuck

4)shorten the attack sequence down & make it attack only when I get near the target (ex. using radar to tell) - because the attacks miss if not followed by the correct spell (if casted too early)

5)make it teleport back to town and exit again so monsters can respawn (press M after 20 min and keep running until out of town to autohunt again)

1) what spot? are you using the game in windowed mode as the comments say to?

2a)not working in what way?

2b)there is no OCR in this script, if you want to identify words and letters, you'd have to implement one. I'd suggest against it, atleast until you're more familiar with the language

3)how is the script to know when you're stuck?

4)checkout pixelsearch in the helpfile, you can use a pixelsearch to find the color of an enemy on the radar vs the known location of yourself on your radar

5)checkout TimerInit(),TimerDiff(),and Send() in the helpfile.

few are going to be willing to do the coding for you, but if you use the helpfile, and try it yourself, everyone will be happy to help you trouble shoot your code.

1) what spot? are you using the game in windowed mode as the comments say to?

2a)not working in what way?

2b)there is no OCR in this script, if you want to identify words and letters, you'd have to implement one. I'd suggest against it, atleast until you're more familiar with the language

3)how is the script to know when you're stuck?

4)checkout pixelsearch in the helpfile, you can use a pixelsearch to find the color of an enemy on the radar vs the known location of yourself on your radar

5)checkout TimerInit(),TimerDiff(),and Send() in the helpfile.

few are going to be willing to do the coding for you, but if you use the helpfile, and try it yourself, everyone will be happy to help you trouble shoot your code.

Hey thanks so much for replying! I'll go look at the helpfile and see what I can do.

I guess I didn't make myself too clear:

1)[yes it's windowed, yet I cannot center the window onto my screen] I'm trying to make the bot click the "start mission" button when I go back to town and click the "enter" button right afterwards (to accept the mission). Then make it click "return to town" when I die.

2)It just doesn't click the items when it drops (blue,green,gold). That's why I had to make a seperate bot that just keeps pressing "f" to target nearest item and "space" to pick it up. Yet this doesn't work well because there are little flags in the world that act like an item and so when I press f, I get stuck at the flag.

3)Say for example if there is no red dot (enemy) on the map for longer then 2 min

4)I'll take a look at the helpfile. Am I just trying to find an example of a bot made that does an action once one pixel is close enough to another pixel?

5)Alright, thanks. So once it gets into town, how do I make it so I leave from the correct exit? Pixelsearch for the exit or just keep pressing "w" + "d" to travel northeast?

6)BTW - is there a way to make the bot run in the backround so that it can be running while I'm using another program (ex. Firefox) - that way I don't have the keep the GW.exe window focused on (or else it will start pressing commands on Firefox).

Thank you so much for your help

Hey thanks so much for replying! I'll go look at the helpfile and see what I can do.

1)[yes it's windowed, yet I cannot center the window onto my screen] I'm trying to make the bot click the "start mission" button when I go back to town and click the "enter" button right afterwards (to accept the mission). Then make it click "return to town" when I die.

2)It just doesn't click the items when it drops (blue,green,gold). That's why I had to make a seperate bot that just keeps pressing "f" to target nearest item and "space" to pick it up. Yet this doesn't work well because there are little flags in the world that act like an item and so when I press f, I get stuck at the flag.

3)Say for example if there is no red dot (enemy) on the map for longer then 2 min

4)I'll take a look at the helpfile. Am I just trying to find an example of a bot made that does an action once one pixel is close enough to another pixel?

5)Alright, thanks. So once it gets into town, how do I make it so I leave from the correct exit? Pixelsearch for the exit or just keep pressing "w" + "d" to travel northeast?

6)BTW - is there a way to make the bot run in the backround so that it can be running while I'm using another program (ex. Firefox) - that way I don't have the keep the GW.exe window focused on (or else it will start pressing commands on Firefox).

Hey xiaosongshu,

i just finished a GW bot for a customer. I might be able to help u because it might give me some ideas. (i was going to use a OCR kinda thing to be able to pick up only certain items and hun t only certain monsters)

so if u would like to work with me, do not hestitate to contact me.

PM me and i will give u my ICQ/AIm number so that we can talk better

Besides,

the coding of that bot is horrible.

the author doesnt seem to have done a lot of work on it.

you should start with ur own bot(i think that is how u learn it the best, cuz thats how i did it) and first decide what it should do... write a psydocode on a sheet of paper(or 2 or more :) ) because a bot is a difficult app to programm and u need to keep every step in mind. like i said i will help u.

greetz,

Zephir

no worries man, glad to help.

1) centering may affect where it's clicking. use the window info tool to locate the pixel location of the buttons you want to click, so you can change the code to make it click where YOU want it.

2)if the targeted item/flag etc shows up in a certain part of the screen when targeted, you can use PixelGetColor() to get the color at one of the pixels that's always colored for an item. you can also use pixelchecksum() to check if a flag is targeted and move on.

3)checkout TimerInit() and TimerDiff() for determining how long it's been. and PixelSearch() can be used to locate red on the radar.

4)Checkout PixelSearch(). you give it a box to check, and it looks for the color in the box. assuming you're the center position on the radar, you can do some math to find out how far the enemy is based on the location of the red dot in the square you define.

5)I've not played the game so i can't give you specifics, but worst case scenario if the WD thing works, then i'd go with like Send({W Down}{D Down}) so they're both held, and you don't have to worry about looping or having the right number of sends. don't forget to {Up} them when you don't need them down anymore.

6)someone made one a long time ago for Diablo II i think, that was able to click off screen etc, but typically the only way to control an app off screen is with ControlSend() and ControlClick() which don't work on non standard controls, so probably not on this one.

Wow thanks man, but that's a lot of info. I really don't know how to use any of it, so should I just keep looking at the helpfile?

I think Im just gonna keep it simple: hunting, looting rare items, and auto-running when no monsters. I'm new to auto-it and the only thing I really need to learn how to use is pixelsearch.

And is there anyway to center a windowed screen?

Edited by xiaosongshu

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I'm playing guild wars and I've just read your post and I am in the same position. I've been studying autoit for a few days now and I have adapted I think is djomen's killbot with my screen. The thing is, my pixelsearch for items (gold, blue, purple and white) doesnt seem to be working. I still have to work on that and I wanted to try pixelsearch for my skills too. Because skills that are recharging arent the same color as the one recharged. Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Maybe make a function() for each skills.

Well good luck with your script. Its hard and frustrating sometimes but so fun when it all works the way you want it.

:)

Edited by sweetlady

You could try to play it WITHOUT using a bot....makes it more fair to everyone when you do that, don't you think?

Actually I do play the game. I work with my bot to learn autoit and see what the script does. That way I learn from my mistakes. I don't let it run for hours while I'm asleep or working.