Using AutoItX3 in C#

Outshynd

I just recently installed VC# Express and VC++ Express (the free studio one)

Im wondering if the same procedure is true of C++ as it is of the OP of this thread?

I'm back to complete noob again regarding these, and Ive even read every thread in this section of the forum from page 26 to 1 :blink: .

So I'm hoping the answer is "Yes".

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I was just wondering. I've got a person on one of the mailing lists I belong to, and he is having issues with arguments in C# with console applications. He is trying to use arguments on the command line and then have the program simply exit with no user intervention. He can't seem to do this in C#. I myself am not an expert, but I am learning C#. My question is, can he use AutoIt to take care of the exit function and then have the dll called in his C# program? If so, how would he go about doing this? He didn't post much code, so unfortunately, I am unable to duplicate anything. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Chromebuster

C#'s Main function handles command line arguments. All you have to do is set up the function to take a string[] parameter.

int Main(string[] args)
{
    if (args.Length == 1 && args[0] == "/exit")
        return 0;
}

Also, this wasn't really the right place to ask such a question. Basic programming should be delegated to a textbook.

Edited by Richard Robertson

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When trying the example using VS 2010 and .net 4 I received the following error on the definition of au3 "Interop type 'AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class' cannot be embedded. Use the applicable interface instead". This is exactly what I did: changed AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class (class) to AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3 (interface). Problem solved.

• 3 years later...

hello Richard Robertson,

using autoit script i have created a vlc player and this i want to add in my c# coding ,by using c# code i want to operate vlc player which i have created using autoit script.

thank u.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...