Noob question about changing directories

So I've written three seperate autoit scripts to install three seperate programs from my pen drive. They all run without a problem, but I'm looking to tie them all together.

The problem is I have no idea how to do so. Would I leave them as three seperate scripts and call them one at a time, or would I just write one script that includes them all?

My directory structure is:

\ (Main folder where subfolders w/ files in them live)

...\3rd_party\bsi\old version

...\3rd_party\Extra

I can't use a static drive letter because that may change, and I don't want to have to enter in the drive letter manually.

I've searched around and found that I probably need to use the "FileChangeDir" command, but I have no idea how to use it.

TIA

viriiman

If the scripts run from the pendrive then you just don't use a drive letter on the source, and the destination would be C: (the local driver).

Something like DirCopy ("mydir\mysubdir", "C:\program files\mysubdir");

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

If the scripts run from the pendrive then you just don't use a drive letter on the source, and the destination would be C: (the local driver).

Something like DirCopy ("mydir\mysubdir", "C:\program files\mysubdir");

I don't want to copy the install to the local drive, as I don't want the users to have access to the install.

Use relative path from @ScriptDir instead.

I have no idea what this means (sorry, still learning)

To also give an update. Like I mentioned, there are three scripts:

1) (lives in the root of the folder structure) eg (whateverishere)\autoitscript.exe

2) (whateverishere)\3rd_party\bsi\old version\autoitscript.exe

3) (whateverishere)\3rd_party\Extra\autoitscript.exe

(Just in case the question comes up, I do have the original au3 files )

AutoIt has very good help file.

RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\3rd_party\bsi\old version\autoitscript.exe")
RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\3rd_party\Extra\autoitscript.exe")

I know, and I'm sorry I didn't read into the command. Thank you though, for putting up with me and my questions, it's greatly appreciated.

I do have one other one, but I'll post a new thread about it.

THANKS!

Edited by viriiman

$MyDriveLetter = StringLeft (@ScriptDir, 1)

This will get the first letter from the script full path.

If the script path is J:\Dir1\SubDir1\SubDir2\script.exe, $MyDriveLetter will be J.

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

The fact that this guy calls himself "viriiman" and the fact that he's asking for help with a script that he can run from a pen drive combine to suggest that he's writing a virus that he can install on someone else's computer by plugging in his pen drive.

This is not exactly something that's going to enhance AutoIt's reputation.

• Developers

The fact that this guy calls himself "viriiman" and the fact that he's asking for help with a script that he can run from a pen drive combine to suggest that he's writing a virus that he can install on someone else's computer by plugging in his pen drive.

Ahh .. the famous " Guilty until proven innocent" ... :) or did I get that backwards ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

[/flame]

Just report the topic to a moderator if you think it's suspicious.

EDIT: JdeB posted before me.

Edited by CoePSX

What made you think that viriiman is making AutoIt to spread the virus???

Edited by Joon

• Developers

...um, the first sentence of the first post on this thread says more or less exactly that.

Maybe have a second glance at it and then explain how so ?

I read that somebody has a MemKey from which he wants to install software ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Maybe have a second glance at it and then explain how so ?

I read that somebody has a MemKey from which he wants to install software ....

Correct. I posted the code in another thread to all to see. It starts on on a pen drive, until I MANUALLY copy it over to a server (who's path and drive letter changes based on location) and run it from there.

The whole issue I have is that (again) none of the paths are the same from office to office. So I needed some way to run the script regardless of drive letter and path to the folder.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I want to make it 1000% clear that this is not malware related.

Is this the thread you're talking about?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39344

[font="Comic Sans MS"]BA-LA[/font]http://ba-la.110mb.comJoin my community, CLICK HEREAlternative links to my site:http://www.ba-la.tkhttp://www.ba-la.co.nrContact me if you would like to help with some of my projects: joeythepirate@gmail.com

• Developers

Is this the thread you're talking about?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39344

No ... clear ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.