where to start

Guest moonwhaler443

Guest moonwhaler443

hello, im new to scripting of any type. I was wondering where to start. im interested in writing my own script. please advice. thank you

Hello moonwhaler 443,

I started scripting with Autoit around 20.06.2004, so I think I am still somewhat new myself. Ok, I was not new to any kind of scritping or programming so perhaps it was easier for me. But I really recommend to read the helpfile. The helpfile of AutoIt is very good in my opinion. Have a look in the example scripts, read in the helpfile what the commands used in there do and try to understand them. Then try to slightly modify the examples, a little try and error is never wrong :ph34r:

Best thing is allways learning by doing. Additionaly you could read a book for beginers about generally programming where the basics are explained which elements are in most kinds of programming / scriptlanguages (loops, variables, functions etc).

Good luck and I wish you success starting scripting with AutoIt

commenti

Well, Sugi just created a Wiki for this purpose, and I just updated it with a bit of "Where to Start" type help... 

Hope that gets you started!  Let me know what it's lacking, or fix it yourself :ph34r: love that Wiki action...

Thats really cool someone did that .. will help a lot for me .

Just hope more is added to it as time goes by.

Just hope more is added to it as time goes by.

me too, I suggest that we all add to it as we answer questions here, that'll sure make it more complete... That's the great thing about Wiki, anyone can edit it, we can all make it better.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)