FileOpenDialog "File Not Found"

Revised the function just a tad, but nothing that would have effected the previous one.

#include <array.au3>
$aArray = _FileOpenDialogArray("Choose file(s)", @MyDocumentsDir, "All (*.LNK)", 4 + 1)
_ArrayDisplay($aArray, '')

Func _FileOpenDialogArray($sTitle, $sInitDir, $sFilter, $nOptions = Default, $sDefaultName = '')
    Local $sDialog = FileOpenDialog($sTitle, $sInitDir, $sFilter, $nOptions, $sDefaultName)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, '')
    If StringInStr($sDialog, '|') Then
        Local $aSplit = StringSplit($sDialog, '|'), $sHold = ''
        For $iCC = 2 To UBound($aSplit) - 1
            $sHold &= $aSplit[1] & '\' & $aSplit[$iCC] & Chr(1)
        Next
        Return StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sHold, 1), Chr(1))
    EndIf
    Local $aArray[2] = [1,$sDialog]
    Return $aArray
EndFunc

This worked fine for me:

I typed:

"File One" "File Two"

In the dialog for Multiple files, and it returned the result I expected.

Then I mistyped one of them and it returned an error as it should (File could not be found).

Is the conclusion that I can't copy multiple *.lnk files at once with this software? I copied and pasted your code, and I got the same error when I selected more than one *.lnk file.

I apperciate your help.

Xcal, if you add a 1 to your flag, the same error will occur as well in your code. It's not that I don't understand how to handle these files gentlemen... it's that whenever you try to select more than one *.lnk file, it errors out.

Try this Smoke_n, is there a way we can create a function that will copy multiple *.lnk files from one location to the next using FileGetShortcut and FileCreateShortcut?

Thanks.

• Moderators

Is the conclusion that I can't copy multiple *.lnk files at once with this software? I copied and pasted your code, and I got the same error when I selected more than one *.lnk file.

I apperciate your help.

Well, I've tested the above code many times now, and it does in fact work for me on OS XP Pro SP2. I hadn't tested it in any other environment though.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Xcal, if you add a 1 to your flag, the same error will occur as well in your code. It's not that I don't understand how to handle these files gentlemen... it's that whenever you try to select more than one *.lnk file, it errors out.

Try this Smoke_n, is there a way we can create a function that will copy multiple *.lnk files from one location to the next using FileGetShortcut and FileCreateShortcut?

Thanks.

I don't get that error. Smoke_n's solution works fine for me, too.

• Moderators

FileSelectFolder() + _FileListToArray() (or maybe even _FileListToArrayEx()) + FileCopy() should be fine.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

FileSelectFolder() + _FileListToArray() (or maybe even _FileListToArrayEx()) + FileCopy() should be fine.

Well, as if it wasn't obvious, I am a newb programmer... but I tried with the _filelisttoarray and I couldn't get anything to copy. However, I will just use what we already developed and go from there. I apperciate all the help.

• Moderators

No, but most of the files even the ones that work have spaces in them.

Spaces sometimes require double quotes before and after the actual string.