Norton Antivirus False Positive [ Trojan.KillAV ]

Nabiki

I have already fixed this issue but I wanted to post here in case anyone else runs into this.

I updated my Norton Antivirus earlier today and got the "1/12/2007 rev 19" update to the virus definitions. This version started deleting any compiled AutoIT scripts claming that it was a virus called Trojan.KillAV :)

Anyway because the update was done by the autoupdater it would not download any newer version. The fix for this is to go to the Symantec site and download the version that was released later in the day "1/12/2007 rev 52" This does not identify the files as false positives and you can restore your AutoIT scripts from the quarantine. At least they fixed this for us fairly quickly.

=====

Yes, I have read the sticky this is more of an informational post on WHERE the fix can be found in case someone runs into the same thing that the Autoupdater won't get the new version of the definitions.

Edited by Nabiki

Thank you very much! Had the same problem on one of our SMS servers this afternoon. Noticed that SAV 9 never picked any of the AutoIt compliations up as virii though. Weird. Upgraded to rev 52 on SAV 10 a few minutes ago and restored the content from quarantine. Back in business!

-Scott