WinGetCaretPos not working ?

Hi,

I'm writing an intellisense kinda tool (backgroung running). For this, i need to get the current Cursor Position (Not mouse cursor) in the foreground window, and it'll be in that position that i'll be showing my Intellsense Drop-Down box.

This is the code

$CursorPos = WinGetCaretPos()
$retval=WinMove("6Sense","",$CursorPos[0],$CursorPos[1])

and form is created as :

$Form1 = GUICreate("6Sense", 282, 150, 371, 248, BitOR($WS_SYSMENU,$WS_POPUPWINDOW,$WS_BORDER,$WS_CLIPSIBLINGS,$DS_MODALFRAME,$DS_SETFOREGROUND), BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_TRANSPARENT,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))

I tried

Opt ("CaretCoordMode",0)
Opt ("CaretCoordMode",1)
Opt ("CaretCoordMode",2)

nio matter what, the co-ordinates returned by WingetCaretPos are always the same(i.e, they are not retirning the correct pos).

Someone knows what i'm doing wrong here ?

Did you try the example in the help file for 'WinGetCaretPos '?

The help file does warn that: 'Note: Some applications report static coordinates regardless of caret position!'

What program are you trying to determine the caret position in?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

i ran the script from Scite, move the caret to some corner, but still the code showed me some other position

Then your app may be one of those that reports a static position. What is the program?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.