Will this work?

Maxvan1

Well I want to wipe my disk by writing a bunch of junk on it. I was thinking I could make a HUGE photoshop file of just random pictures, gradients, or whatever. Then, copy it over and over and over until it fills my HD, then delete it. After, make a new picture, copy that one over and over and over... and so on. Will this prevent reading of deleted files on my hard drive?

I think I can make the script easily, just ctrl+v then repeat. Does anyone see a problem with this? But my main question is will writing a bunch of junk on my computer prevent reading deleted files on my computer? I know Norton Systemworks has a program that writes a bunch of junk, but does it do it in a special way or anything?

If your intentions for this was to create a virus or something that might give AutoIt a bad name, good luck getting help...

but anyway, how would you wipe a disk....by filling it up with files?

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Well when you "delete" somthing on your computer its not really gone until you have over writen on it and can easily be recovered by any recovery program. For example social security numbers, bills, bank account info, whatever. So, rather then buying a $70 program to clean my drive I could do it myself. This is was gave me the idea http://linuxgazette.net/issue63/nielsen2.html I think pearl is kind of like autoit right?