Window Resizer

fisofo

UPDATE Jan 30th: Because of the popularity of the SplitMon script, I am no longer updating this as a seperate script. You can find the Resizer built into the SplitMon code, forum is here.

(80 Downloads from last change)

Edited by fisofo

I just realized why no one has responded to this... an incredibly stupid title :)

Just wanted to point out that the script will resize two windows no matter how much they overlap as well... makes for some interesting resizing.

How is it working for those who have downloaded it? Any problems/comments/suggestions?

• Moderators

I have no idea, without having to decipher your code, on what exactly this is supposed to do, or how it is supposed to do it.

You mention:

Run the script, then with two windows next to eachother (top/bottom/left/right) click CTRL and resize one of them. The other window will resize accordingly. CTRL+Esc to exit.

Click CTRL to resize? Well, your _IsPressed() shows Ctrl + Left mouseclick.

top/bottom/left/right... again your switch statement is showing R/L/D/U No idea what your returning from _WindowsPos because I stopped caring at that point.

I'd suggest an example of how to use what you've provided, I don't know many that will try to decipher it on their own.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I have no idea, without having to decipher your code, on what exactly this is supposed to do, or how it is supposed to do it.

You mention:

Click CTRL to resize? Well, your _IsPressed() shows Ctrl + Left mouseclick.

top/bottom/left/right... again your switch statement is showing R/L/D/U No idea what your returning from _WindowsPos because I stopped caring at that point.

I'd suggest an example of how to use what you've provided, I don't know many that will try to decipher it on their own.

Well, thanks for at least saying so :)

As you requested, I have "esplained gooder." Now I had better hear about what you think of it :D j/k.

I tried it, but it only worked sometimes. I realized the problem was that you need to have the "animate window contents while dragging" special effect turned on to make it work. Toggling that improved things greatly. It would be nice if it operated on multiple windows better. I tried setting up three windows like the diagram, but it would only keep two windows lined up.

It looks promising, keep it up. If you having your windows positioned this way (I do) I also recommend a utility called AllSnap

http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~iheckman/allsnap/

It makes windows stick to each other, which helps setting them up this way.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

I tried it, but it only worked sometimes. I realized the problem was that you need to have the "animate window contents while dragging" special effect turned on to make it work. Toggling that improved things greatly. It would be nice if it operated on multiple windows better. I tried setting up three windows like the diagram, but it would only keep two windows lined up.

It looks promising, keep it up. If you having your windows positioned this way (I do) I also recommend a utility called AllSnap

http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~iheckman/allsnap/

It makes windows stick to each other, which helps setting them up this way.

Thanks for the comments! I hadn't realized the "animate window contents while dragging" setting made a difference, that's odd :D

Oh, and I didn't actually mean all three windows would move in my example, I guess I wasn't clear on that... not a bad idea though. However I think implementation might be a bit difficult.

Thanks for the utility link too... someone needs to write a version in autoit :)

Well, heck why not you? You're pretty close with this as it is.

nice, thanks man :D

The only "hook" code I've seen is from Larry's mouse/keyboard hook stuff... I dunno, it was a bit over my head at the time... but perhaps I'll look into it once I get Splitview working the way I want it :)

Cool , but the point of it?

And you have a nice skin

By skin I'm assuming you mean the windows theme in the screenshot... thanks, you can get it here

How about "Window Management"? If you're at all like me, at any given time you have about 10 things up on your screen, it's nice to be able to resize and move things around while still seeing most of them.

I suppose if you don't do that much, you won't find this useful. You may want to check out my splitview script, I have the Resizer integrated into it, and combined they make a bit more sense.

Tip:

In your _WindowHwnd() you have 4x the same code (with only little difference) for L/R/D/U.

Make Function with some parametres for it and call it 4x.

Thank you! An excellent suggestion... I tend to get an idea and then try to get it down any way possible and then cleanup afterwards, but sometimes I miss the obvious.

Anyway, code has been updated.

@all: feel free to post other coding improvements/suggestions/ideas. I'm always trying to learn more!