Checking Existant Site?

Well, I wanted to ask if there was a way to find out if a site is existant, but my actuall intentions was to find if a FTP server is online, See, my forum has this huge FTP network we all share, and about 3 members share hosting responsibilities, and I'm making a program to find whoever is currently hosting, and instantly tap into that with explorer.exe....

well, basically, how could I tell if a ftp returns positive? XD, ok well I tried to make it sound like I knew what I was doing... How can I tell if the ftp is up? XD

lol sorry for the clutter, im not even sure what Im asking, or if I'm asking it correctly....

PS: im still wondering how to do trasitions with user32.dll XD, just incase you knew....

Thanks all

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Ping?

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

Ping?

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

I havent an idea, but I think it works... but at the same time I really dont XD thanks by the way

Did you try mine ? I tried it and worked perfectly fine. I also tried it with two other FTP-hosts and they also worked

Might be something special if yours doesn't respond, where you then might have to use the FTP-udfs, I guess.