HELLP! COM Call to MSDiscMasterObj

So, guess what.

You know how Computer manufacturers stopped shipping Floppy drives with computers a while ago? Dell has now stopped shipping any burning software with there computers, and I'm guessing HP and other co's will follow soon.

A while back, I wrote a nice little backup program that we use on many of our computers but it uses the (Drag to Disk / DirectCD) feature found in all the standard burning software to accomplish this. Now I know my company is not going to be spending $40 to put burning software on all their new computers so I now have to figure out how to re-write my backup app to use the built in Windows XP IMAPI. from my online research i'm starting to think Microsoft is trying to hide IMAPIv1 just like it hid Widows ME. oh, don't be fooled by all of the IMAPIv2 scripts out there. They only work on Vista.

The only site I found with any information is here: MSDN2

I am pretty sure I have to do a ObjCreate() to MSDiscMasterObj and then IJolietDiscMaster so I can write multiple backups to a single CD. but no matter what I try I can't seem to get this to work.

Does anybody have an Idea?

Oh, and yes I have seen the code on this site to invoke the Burning Wizard then use the send commands to go through the steps, but I don't think that is very reliable for my end users.

This is what I'm using to test.

$recorder = ObjCreate("MSDiscMasterObj.IJolietDiscMaster")
if IsObj($recorder) Then
    MsgBox(0, "Yes", $recorder)
Else
    MsgBox(0, "No", $recorder)
EndIf

Thanks,

Mike

getting..... sooo.... angry!!!!!! :)

I downloaded a dll file that looked like it should do exactly what I wanted but there is almost zero information on it. I can't register the dll with regsvr32 it gives me an error. xpburncomponent.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered.

The dll was downloaded from HERE which is in the readme info from the download above.

Anybody have any ideas?

Edited by MikeOsdx