How to open programs from another directory?

dryper

Hello i cant figue out how i can open program that isint in the project dir.

i want to open the World of warcraft (wow.exe) but i dont know how.. Mine world of warcraft is on C:\Programfiler\World of Warcraft\wow.exe but on other computers it may be installed somewhere else.. how should i do that?

Hello i cant figue out how i can open program that isint in the project dir.

i want to open the World of warcraft (wow.exe) but i dont know how.. Mine world of warcraft is on C:\Programfiler\World of Warcraft\wow.exe but on other computers it may be installed somewhere else.. how should i do that?

i'm sure there's a registry entry that lists the install path, find that, then read it with your script to get the path, and you're all set

Hehe :D could you make me a example? i didnt find much help in the help file. :)

i don't have the game, so i wouldn't know what to actually look for in the registry, but if you search for 'registry' on the forums, you should get a few examples of searching in the registry and using data from it. There are also examples in the help file.

Hehe :D could you make me a example? i didnt find much help in the help file. :)

I do have the game, but I am currently at work.

To my knowledge, WoW doesn't create any reg keys, but surely it must put something there when its installed..

One way to manually find it is go to Start, click on Run, and type in regedit and press OK. When this loads, go to file, click on find and type in World of Warcraft". Hopefully that will bring up any reg keys related to WoW.

If you're still stuck later on i'll find where it is on my comp and point you in the right direction :D

.:EDIT:.

Sorry, this may be of no use, as it doesn't explain how to do it with AutoIt.. I was just explaining to find the path of the WoW reg key on your own computer.. Sorry!

Edited by xero

I do have the game, but I am currently at work.

To my knowledge, WoW doesn't create any reg keys, but surely it must put something there when its installed..

One way to manually find it is go to Start, click on Run, and type in regedit and press OK. When this loads, go to file, click on find and type in World of Warcraft". Hopefully that will bring up any reg keys related to WoW.

If you're still stuck later on i'll find where it is on my comp and point you in the right direction :)

.:EDIT:.

Sorry, this may be of no use, as it doesn't explain how to do it with AutoIt.. I was just explaining to find the path of the WoW reg key on your own computer.. Sorry!

ok i now found ourt some things.. what the Registry is called its called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JOYMAX\Silkroad

then how do i run that registry from my script? is it just: Run("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JOYMAX\Silkroad ") ????

ok i now found ourt some things.. what the Registry is called its called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JOYMAX\Silkroad

then how do i run that registry from my script? is it just: Run("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JOYMAX\Silkroad ") ????

Figured :)..

Edited by dryper

to find what you need, you can head into your System32 folder for the RegEdit, and from the looks of your first post, it looks like it should be around:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedt32.exe

It goes through all your registry files so you can search using that

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Figured :D..

Figured... ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you implying that nobody knew the answer ? Was 13 minutes of waiting

too long for you to wait for a reply, and was it really needed to make a new topic when you already had

this one ? If they don't know it in this topic why should they know in another topic ?

You've already been told what function which reads a registry-value and you obviously knows how to run

a file. Put one and one together... Lots of question, I know, but I'm just curious of your way of thinking.

Anyway, please take this the right way. I'm not trying to hang you. Yet :)

by the way, autoit can't send user input to silkroad, gamegaurd update... stinks right? XD

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

by the way, autoit can't send user input to silkroad, gamegaurd update... stinks right? XD

I have a GG bypass :D just download Srobot... but i really need help to get the key working! grr i gonna tell what im doing when i trying....

1. i writing regedit in run

2. i find the dir thats called Joymax\Silkroad..

3. then i right click on "Silkroad"

4. then i press "Copy Keyname" (called something like that, im on norwegian computer) (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Joymax\Silkroad) <---- its called that

5. then i paste it to this code: Run("sro_client.exe", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Joymax\Silkroad"

Then im stuck.. and it dont work :D Theres some file in the directory to called: (Standard), Division, InstallPath and Option.

I think its something with the files and how i trying to set up the RUN code.

Please help me!.. set up the code how it should be 1 :)

The working dir can not be a registry path!

Supposing that InstallPath is a key in the registry that contains the installation folder:

i.e.: InstallPath =C:\Program files\World of Warcraft

You could read that value to a variable and then set the variable as the Working dir.

$WoWFolder = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Joymax\Silkroad", "InstallPath" )
Run("sro_client.exe", $WoWFolder)

Hope that helps.

Edited by Leandro Conca