Fileinstall with .chm-file reports error during compilation

Hi,

I've compiled a script with Fileinstalls of 5 files. All things are working correctly. But the compiler don't like my xxx.chm file. During the compilation it gives the error message can't add file xxx.chm.

This xxx.chm is working and written with Microsoft HTML Workshop. Is this normal? Greetings

• Developers

Hi,

I've compiled a script with Fileinstalls of 5 files. All things are working correctly. But the compiler don't like my xxx.chm file. During the compilation it gives the error message can't add file xxx.chm.

This xxx.chm is working and written with Microsoft HTML Workshop. Is this normal? Greetings

you are sure it can find the file ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

you are sure it can find the file ?

You have right, autoit can't find the file. The others files are in the same directory - there's no problem. Are .chm files virtual files?

#include-once
Opt("WinWaitDelay", 5)
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <image_get_info.au3>

#cs
FileInstall('"D:\reswikfeder\wikix.dll"', @ScriptDir & '\wikfeder.dll', 1)
FileInstall('"D:\reswikfeder\wiki2.jpg"', @ScriptDir & '\wikfeder.jpg', 1)
FileInstall('"D:\reswikfeder\hochladen.html"', @ScriptDir & '\hochladen.html', 1)
FileInstall('"D:\reswikfeder\man.gif"', @ScriptDir & '\man.gif', 1)
FileInstall('"D:\reswikfeder\hochladen.jpg"', @ScriptDir & '\hochladen.jpg', 1)
FileInstall('"D:\Eigene Dateien\Johannes\Programmieren\au3\CHM\wikfeder.chm"', @ScriptDir & '\wikfeder.chm', 1)
#ce
MsgBox(4096,'fgg','here I am') ;This works

FileInstall('D:\reswikfeder\wikix.dll', 'd:\wikfeder.dll', 1)
FileInstall('D:\reswikfeder\wiki2.jpg', 'd:\wikfeder.jpg', 1)
FileInstall('D:\reswikfeder\hochladen.html', 'd:\hochladen.html', 1)
FileInstall('D:\reswikfeder\man.gif', 'd:\man.gif', 1)
FileInstall('D:\reswikfeder\hochladen.jpg', 'd:\hochladen.jpg', 1)
If FileExists('D:\reswikfeder\wik1.chm')=1 Then  
    MsgBox(4096,'','here I am') ;This doesn't work
EndIf
    FileInstall('D:\reswikfeder\wik1.chm', 'd:\wikfeder.chm', 1)
Global $aGni = 1, $img, $pwidth = 90, $pheight = 90
Edited by janrenzlow

Hi ,

close this theme. I tried with a chm-file of a commercial application and it works under Autoit. Strange, 'cause I can open and read my own created xxx.chm file. It must be a mistake of compilation of Microsoft HTML Workshop. Thanks. Jan Renzlow

Hi ,

close this theme. I tried with a chm-file of a commercial application and it works under Autoit. Strange, 'cause I can open and read my own created xxx.chm file. It must be a mistake of compilation of Microsoft HTML Workshop. Thanks. Jan Renzlow

Probably not a problem with HTML Help Workshop.

What happens when you try to compile your AutoIt script?

If you get a file not found type of error then it's a path problem. If it compiles properly then it will most likely install the file properly.

If however you are relying on the AutoIt script to copy the file instead of doing a file install then DON'T. That bit in the help file about FileInstall copying a file during a FileInstall call when the script is not compiled has caused me a lot of greif in the past.

Better to add

If @Compiled then

FileInstall(File1)

FileInstall(File(2)

Etc.

Else

FileCopy(File1)

FileCopy(File2)

Etc

EndIf

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"