GUI without taskbar button

Sibilant

I couldn't find a solution to this problem on the forums so I sat down and figured one out. I'm and old C programmer that's been out of the game for a while so please feel free to correct it and/or improve on it. I'm sure there's much more that you can do with it. If there is a better solution out there please shoot me a link me to it. Thanks.

CODE

#include-once

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#Include <Constants.au3>

Global $hHiddenWindow, $hWindow

; ====================================================================================================

; Description ..: Creates a GUI without a taskbar icon

;

; Parameters ...: $Title - The title of the dialog box.

; $Width - [optional] The width of the window.

; $Height - [optional] The height of the window.

; $Left - [optional] The left side of the dialog box. By default (-1), the window is centered. If defined, top must also be defined.

; $Top - [optional] The top of the dialog box. Default (-1) is centered

; $Style - [optional] defines the style of the window. See GUI Control Styles Appendix.

; Use -1 for the default style which includes a combination of $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU styles.

; Some styles are always included: $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, and $WS_SYSMENU if $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX or $WS_SIZEBOX is specified.

; $exStyle - [optional] defines the extended style of the window. See the Extended Style Table below. -1 is the default.

;

; Return values : $hWindow - Returns a windows handle.

;

; Author .......: Sibilant

;

; Notes ........: This function creates a child of an invisible window giving the illusion that the

; newly created child window does not have an icon in the taskbar.

; ====================================================================================================

Func GUICreateEX ( $Title = "" , $Width = -1 , $Height = -1 , $Left = -1 , $Top = -1 , $Style = -1 , $exStyle = -1)

If $hHiddenWindow Then

$hWindow = GUICreate ( $Title , $Width , $Height , $Left , $Top , $Style , $exStyle , $hHiddenWindow )

Else

CreateParent ()

$hWindow = GUICreate ( $Title , $Width , $Height , $Left , $Top , $Style , $exStyle , $hHiddenWindow )

EndIf

If @error Then

Return 0

Else

Return $hWindow

EndIf

EndFunc

; Description ..: Creates the invisible parent

;

; Parameters ...: None

;

; Return values : None

;

; Author .......: Sibilant

;

; Notes ........: The function creates an invisible parent window giving the illusion that the newly

; created child window does not have an icon in the taskbar.

Func CreateParent ()

$hHiddenWindow = GUICreate( "" , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 )

GUISetState( @SW_HIDE , $hHiddenWindow )

EndFunc

All comments or critiques are welcome.

CreateGuiEX.au3