running a script thats not in the instal dir

Matthy

i want to make an program that runs other scripts in a subdir like script1\script1.exe and script2\script2.exe ect. well its not that hard to make a scrip like that its yust

Run ("script2\script2.exe")

but the problem is that that script reads an ini file and it cant find it when you run it like this. it probarly seaches for the ini in the dir of the program that tries to run the other program but i cant sett the ini there because this prog is meant to run more times the same prog with other ini settings

does anyone know something :) i tried anything..

thx matthy

If the ini file is in the initial script directory, and the executed script must read an ini that is in the initial script directory, you can do:

First (if the called scripts are one folder level up to the initial script dir):

IniRead("..\inifile.ini",.....

Or if the called scripts are in a more complex folder structure you can pass the initial dir as parameter to the script:

Example:

; ----- script 1 --------
Run('script2\script2.exe "' & @scriptdir & '"')

; ----- script 2 --------
IniRead($cmdline[1] & "\inifile.ini",.....

The script dir passed as parameter is enclosed in quotes to avoid errors if there are spaces in the dir names.

Edited by Leandro Conca

Ok,

I was thinking in the opposite scenario, that the ini file you were trying to read was in the main script directory!

But the ini files are in the called scripts dir, is that correct?

In that case, you can use the 2nd parameter of Run function, that is the working directory of the process.

You can do:

Run("dir\script2.exe","dir")

This will set the subdir called "dir" as the working directory of the "script2.exe" process. So, you can use IniRead() in the "script2" without specifying the full path to the ini file, and the script will look for it in the "dir" subdirectory.

Hope I didn't confuse you more!