Counting items on the startmenu

Hey everyone, got a question. I am trying to see if some standard applications are installed on a bunch of computers. The shortcuts need to show up on the start menu. I know i can check if they are there be doing a pixel search for the icons, but I'm wondering if there is a simpler way. Any ideas? The image is a screenshot of a normal start menu, i need to make sure all 13 shortcuts are there.

I'm thinking right now the best way would be just to figure out which pixel is at the top of the start menu and check to make sure it is white, then do the same for the bottom of the start menu. That would kind of be a pain though, if anyone knows a better way i would like to know :-)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Posted Image

Is there a way to count the number of files in a folder? I cant actually open the folder and see because the computers have restricted permissions and cant open up windows explorer. I could sign in as administrator to open up explorer, but that kind of defeats the purpose of making a script to do it...

#include <File.au3>
$array= _FileListToArray($s_Location,'*',2)

$s_Location = must be the path to the folder.

$array[0] will give you the number of files in it.

Whether or not it will work to not having premission I'm not sure. This is why we have this function: RunAsSet ( ["user", "domain", "password" [, options]] ) though, at least I think, I've never used it.

Edited by strate
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Have you checked both Start Menu? Are you see in the START menu are combine short cuts from your profile(C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu) and All Users profile(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu).