Scite is slow

I have tried to delete folder, install new download version = same issue

Uninstalled scite and deleted both the beta copy and the root one and installed it again - same issue

I run the same code on my work computer and no issues -

Here is what I see

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\new10907\speedtest.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.5

>Running AU3Check (1.54.4.0) params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

+>AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.1.12):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "D:\new10907\speedtest.au3"

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 16.012

and this is the code I used to run - alt F5 and F5 - do you see the time it took? It shows around 3000 as the output but takes over 10 + seconds to show the MsgBox() - what I have I done?

$begin = TimerInit()
sleep(3000)
$dif = TimerDiff($begin)
MsgBox(0,"Time Difference",$dif)

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I have 2 words for you...System restore

if that doesn't work, you can always set it back without any harm.

I tried 3 different restore points - one about a week ago and the other one from a month ago. I was going to go back further but then found that there was only one more day I could go back to, so I tried it again. Nothing different. All my other programs seem to be fine - not acting slow or anything. I can get online and have no issues with speed. In fact my scite program seems to be fine. It does not do anything until I try to run the script - in need to a speed boost. Is there anything that I can turn off to make it faster?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I tried 3 different restore points - one about a week ago and the other one from a month ago. I was going to go back further but then found that there was only one more day I could go back to, so I tried it again. Nothing different. All my other programs seem to be fine - not acting slow or anything. I can get online and have no issues with speed. In fact my scite program seems to be fine. It does not do anything until I try to run the script - in need to a speed boost. Is there anything that I can turn off to make it faster?

Don't mean to state the obvious, but it's not working right, so what good is it going to do to try to make it run faster? Very strange issue though... You might consider doing a bit of system analysis using tools from majorgeeks.com or sysinternals.com just to make sure it's not something else. Of course, it'd be good to ensure the pc is clean of spyware and whatnot as well.

Speaking of, perhaps your Antivirus is freaking out about autoit, have you tried disablig it while running?

anyway, just some ideas.

You could always rebuild :D:)

Scite played up on me the other week and was painfully slow at checking, compiling and running a script (I mean 10 mins to check a 20 line script slow). Tried reboot, reinstall etc., nothing worked. It wasn't until I realised that I had moved my include library and had forgotten to update the scite config that I found the problem and it worked like a charm again. It maybe worth re-checking the config settings again.