All LUA scripts command fail to work

gear

When I press Ctrl+Alt+B , why no bookmark is added? Except the LUA scripts, other all hotkey can work peoperly, like Ctrl+1,Ctrl+T,Alt+W ,etc. Including Ctrl+J,,Ctrl+Shift+D all LUA commands fail. What is the trouble?

Gear

• 1 year later...
  • Developers

you will have to provide more info than this to be able to understand your issue.

- you did load the latest SciTE4Autoit3 separate installer ?

- what version of SciTE4AutoIt3 are you using ? (Show the Help/about info)

- do you see these options in the Tools dropdown Menu?

- any errors shown in the SciTE ouputpane ?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes I did.

No I do not see those option in the tools menu.

If you mean the lower window of scite, I see the message of "Need to change au3.properties: BETA_AUTOIT = 0"

other, I saw similar topic of this problem. I do have administrator right on my Wondows XP SP. Earlier I installed a program called "Dropmyrights", I later uninstalled this program because caused problems. A few program was not able to write its own configuration files - even if this program was not running and was uninstalled.

• Developers

Yes I did.

No I do not see those option in the tools menu.

If you mean the lower window of scite, I see the message of "Need to change au3.properties: BETA_AUTOIT = 0"

other, I saw similar topic of this problem. I do have administrator right on my Wondows XP SP. Earlier I installed a program called "Dropmyrights", I later uninstalled this program because caused problems. A few program was not able to write its own configuration files - even if this program was not running and was uninstalled.

You say you do not see the extra tools in the tools menu: DO you have a file opened in SciTE that has a ".au3" extension to "tell" SciTE you are editing an AutoIt3 script ?

The message that "BETA-AUTOIT=0" is set means that LUA detected you do not have BETA installed and it wants to update this particular field in au3.properties.

When it occurs every time it means to me that LUA isn't able to update it. Maybe your access rights were changed by that program you dropped ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thank you for your help.

at last I did 2 things.

1. I removed and added again administrative rights to my account (even if it had administrative rights)

2. I uninstalled and reinstelled scite.

Now I have those lua functions like CTRL-J, etc.

And that "Need to change au3.properties: BETA_AUTOIT = 0" message has gone after I started second time scite.