No inherent TreeView controls?

I just started using AutoIt yesterday, but I'm not new to automation. My litmus test was to create a script that can launch the app I'm testing and open a dialog box that's used for most of the functionality. However, to access the dialog box I need to activate a TreeView control. After searching the forums, it seems that AutoIt does not have this capability, and my main question is if this can be confirmed.

I did see that a couple of users (tweast and Fur) have created a DLL that fills this gap, so I'll check that out if needed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the documentation. Just from my short experience yesterday, I couldn't get ControlCommand-SelectString to function with my combo-box, as stated in the help file. I did find a work-around, but I'm evaluating this tool for a large automation project and don't want to use work-arounds constantly (better to find a tool that just works).

I would appreciate any input that users have to give me on:

1. TreeView controls (testing them, not creating them with the UD functions)

2. Why would CommandControl-SelectString have issues with a MS Combo-box (or has that feature never worked)

Other than those issues, so far, I've been really impressed with what's been done here. I used to automate tests using Visual Test (4.0 and 6.0), and AutoIt feels very familiar to that environment.

Thanks!

I just started using AutoIt yesterday, but I'm not new to automation. My litmus test was to create a script that can launch the app I'm testing and open a dialog box that's used for most of the functionality. However, to access the dialog box I need to activate a TreeView control. After searching the forums, it seems that AutoIt does not have this capability, and my main question is if this can be confirmed.

I did see that a couple of users (tweast and Fur) have created a DLL that fills this gap, so I'll check that out if needed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the documentation. Just from my short experience yesterday, I couldn't get ControlCommand-SelectString to function with my combo-box, as stated in the help file. I did find a work-around, but I'm evaluating this tool for a large automation project and don't want to use work-arounds constantly (better to find a tool that just works).

I would appreciate any input that users have to give me on:

1. TreeView controls (testing them, not creating them with the UD functions)

2. Why would CommandControl-SelectString have issues with a MS Combo-box (or has that feature never worked)

Other than those issues, so far, I've been really impressed with what's been done here. I used to automate tests using Visual Test (4.0 and 6.0), and AutoIt feels very familiar to that environment.

Thanks!

Take a look at Auto3Lib. It has full support for TreeView controls. If you get stuck, drop me a line in the Auto3Lib thread in the Examples forum.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Take a look at Auto3Lib. It has full support for TreeView controls. If you get stuck, drop me a line in the Auto3Lib thread in the Examples forum.

Thank you so much! I haven't looked at it yet, will have to next week sometime, but it looks to be the solution I was looking for!

MS often uses proprietal controls (not standard ones). Look at it's ClassName via Au3Info tool.

I made little script for MS Exchange and there is such proprietal Combobox too :)

So I finnaly used WinGetText() ControlSend()

It's classname is "REComboBox20W1" - I think it's some sort of Microsofts RichEditCombobox.