Storing a value of an input box to a notepad file

sunlord

HI,

CuiCtrlRead your inputbox and then ControlSend it to the notepad.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

#region --- GuiBuilder code Start ---
; Script generated by AutoBuilder 0.6 Prototype

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GuiCreate("MyGUI", 392, 242,-1, -1 , BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

$Edit_1 = GuiCtrlCreateEdit("Edit1", 20, 10, 360, 170)
$Button_2 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Save Text", 140, 200, 80, 30)

GuiSetState()
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    If $msg = $Button_2 Then
        $Edit_Text = GUICtrlRead($Edit_1)
        MsgBox(0, "Your text...", $Edit_Text)
        $file = FileOpen("text.txt", 2)
        FileWrite($file, $Edit_Text)
    EndIf

Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else
        ;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit
#endregion --- GuiBuilder generated code End ---

That will store the edit box text when you press the button.... how does that work for you?

EDIT: Bah th.meger beat me to it

Edited by someone
While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

Hi,

and why storing first into an file?

_INetSmtpMail

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Developers

I guess it sends something over e-mail but how exactly do I use it with my example?

What about stop guessing and open the helpfile which has all the info you are asking for ?

Let us know when you have questions about the info found ..

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

For a General Help and Support forum, not so helpful. Thanks anyway. I'll have a look at it and get back to you.

Excuse me ?

Think the average responsetime has been pretty good.

We pointed you to the food... now you want us to serve it for you as well or are you a big enough to get it yourself.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When th.meger said _INetSmtpMail it wasn't very clear (atleast to me) what that does, so I asked to explain what exactly the function does to which the reply (I thought) was rather rude. If you want all AutoIt newbies to learn AutoIt just by going through the help file then you might as well just shut this site down. I thought the whole point of this forum was asking help and answering questions anyway? I'm not asking you to do my code for me, as you suggested, I was just asking to explain what that particular function is for.

Edited by sunlord

• Moderators

I think this is the point they were getting at. If you opened the help file and looked up the function in question, you would have seen the description below.

_INetSmtpMail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sends an email without using an external email program.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

When th.meger said _INetSmtpMail it wasn't very clear (atleast to me) what that does, so I asked to explain what exactly the function does to which the reply (I thought) was rather rude. If you want all AutoIt newbies to learn AutoIt just by going through the help file then you might as well just shut this site down. I thought the whole point of this forum was asking help and answering questions anyway? I'm not asking you to do my code for me, as you suggested, I was just asking to explain what that particular function is for.

I understand what you want and to my knowledge have been all but rude to you.

This was the answer I gave you: Open the helpfile and look up the function and read.

This would have been rude: Shut the hell up and open the damn helpfile where you can read all the shit you want to know.

Now see the difference ? :)

I will not resort to that kind of language unless you are really asking for it ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm sorry but this,

What about stop guessing and open the helpfile which has all the info you are asking for ?

Let us know when you have questions about the info found ..

isn't a very helpful response. You could have just told me what it does. It would have taken all of 2 minutes of your time. Thanks anyway. Lets just end this.

• Developers

I'm sorry but this,

isn't a very helpful response. You could have just told me what it does. It would have taken all of 2 minutes of your time. Thanks anyway. Lets just end this.

Thanks for understanding I am going through more effort then really needed just to help you, but :

the underlying message is that we have a pretty good helpfile that explains build-in functions and User Defined Functions and all have an example.

Glad you appreciate the effort :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Can I ask you how you find out what your SMTP server is; I can't find the instructions for it anywhere on the helpfile?

Sure... That should point to your (EMail) providers SMTP host, like you would have in OutlookExpress or something.

If you want to use GMail you will need to use the _INetSmtpMailCom() function I posted in the Examples forum because GMail hosts requirs Authentication..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi,

depends on your email "provider" have a look at google for it. hotmail, gmx smtp !

So long,

Mega