Keyboard command to stop script in v2?

Guest cybergeek

Guest cybergeek

Hi guiys. I'm sorry to bother you all again, but I had meant to post my message in the v2 forum and not the v3 forum. My question is this:

I want to use a script that doesnt include any pauses in it so that the mouse continually moves and clicks where I want it. The problem is that I am not able to get to the taskbar to stop the script from running because the mouse gets stuck in an endless routine. I wondered, does AutoIt v2 include a way to stop a script using the keyboard? If so what is the key combination that needs to be pressed? Thank you so much for any help you can give me on this!

CyberGeek

Idea:

Create a shortcut to some program that loads a window quicly such as calc or notepad--and preferrable something you rarely use. The shorcut should go on your desktop or Start Menu. Modify the shortcut's properties so that is has a hotkey such as Ctrl+Alt+D.

In your AutoIt script, put an IfWinExist test for that program's window title. If the window exists, simply sleep. Otherwise, move the mouse as normal.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

CyberSlug,

Awesome idea on the IfWinExist thing. I always have my scripts checking to see if the program itself is still open, and I also set unnecessary delays in my scripts so I have time to exit out of the script. Your way works and is much better.

I know I wasn't the one with the initial question, but thanks!!