View program source in program memory

sebasun

I found that even when the autoit program was compiled into .exe, its source can still be view in the program memory when the program executes. (e.g. using winhex). Is there any way to encode the source inside the program memory ?

Thank you.

You mean like injecting it into a .dll? Yeah, its possable, but I have no idea how... try searching "dll inject"

I mean grabbing/viewing the source code of the compiled .exe autoit program from viewing the memory of the running process of the .exe, using the memory viewing function of winhex, for example.

One of the purpose of compiling is to hide the program source from the users. But being able to reconstruct the program source from memory defeated such a purpose.

• Moderators

zZz.. sounds hard tho, I doesn't even know how to constrcut a script I wanted T_T

Then why are you commenting in this post?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Look at ToDo List

- Aut2Exe to use a token stream when "no decompile" is selected. Means that the original script and formating is gone and hacked decompiling will be very tricky (i.e. they can't just hack exe2aut - they have to write a proper decompiler)

So wait until Jon will make this change. Then it will be "safe".