Font settings

It should be a registry setting.

google search result

dude,

thanks very much for your time and response, but reg stuff is way over my head.

I got the google link, thanks very much, but i dont know how to implement it within autoitscripts.

I basically want to produce something like,

font = normal THEN nothing

font = large OR xtra large THEN msgbox("warning you are currently using the incorrect window font, please select yes to change this, or no to leave as is")

if the user presses yes, the script changes the setting to normal, or no leaves as is.

Thanks again

I would suggest you read up on how the registry works. It isn't hard to do. All your interested in is where is the registry setting that controls what you need, nothing more. Usually to figure out something like that, you can set the font to something out of the ordinary, then search the registry for the name of the font. Any key you find that reference it should do. Make sure you backup your registry before you make a change, just in case you make a mistake. It may look hard, but it really is a easy thing to do.

Volly

Thanks for your help, I think I have now solved the problem.

For all looking here it is

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager]

Name SizeName

Type REG_SZ

Value NormalSize

Thanks for giving me something to chase.

All I need to do now is "apply" this rule. IE when you change the setting in display properties, you have to click apply for them to take effect. I know need to find out how to do this via the reg. As this script just changes the value in the reg, not the value shown on the frontend desktop properties. Any ideas?

Best regards

David

Edited by civilcalc

Volly,

Nope that doesnt work. (although the F5 was a new one on me)

Did you see a solution? I have searched this subject a lot on the au forums, I have found it raised twice, both threads didnt solve it, with not many people understanding what the question is.

Do you think it would be another reg edit function?

Or running a program.

I have also tried forcing a re-start, but that didnt even work.

The messy way is it auto the display prop opening up, then simulating mouse clicks to make the changes, but that looks really shoddy.

David