Coloring a tab control

That's too bad...hmmm what to do. Have people determined that it is impossible or just havn't really worked on it yet?

I can still make my app, but I'm afraid it doesn't quite work unless it's a different color.

Hope to see something soon. =)

red

There is an interesting example floating around somewhere on the forums that shows how to use buttons as tabs. Since you can color buttons, this could work for you. It works by handeling each button press by hiding the controls on the old "tab" and showing the controls on the new "tab."

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Sorry jpm if I missed your post. It's unfortunate that the tabs won't be colored because I need to change them to different colors or it hides inside the title bar. I could do the button idea but I like the ease of use of the controls automatically hiding with tabs.

hmmm....

red

Helllo fellow autoit coders,

I just begun with trying out the gui stuff in AutoIt. I was wondering why I could not color my Tabs (my GUI looks very ugly with gray tabs don´t matching the other colors of my GUI). Good, that I found this thread here in the forum (I thought I was blind, searching the helpfile for a solution...) . So perhaps its worth mentioning in the helpfile that it is not possible.

commenti

Helllo fellow autoit coders,

I just begun with trying out the gui stuff in AutoIt. I was wondering why I could not color my Tabs (my GUI looks very ugly with gray tabs don´t matching the other colors of my GUI). Good, that I found this thread here in the forum (I thought I was blind, searching the helpfile for a solution...) . So perhaps its worth mentioning in the helpfile that it is not possible.

commenti

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it is described in the GUISetControl I realize that it can be included too in GUISetControlEx

Thanks to point out the doc :ph34r:

For "tab" control, after creating the main control, each tab can be created by first create an "tabitem" follows by the creation of the controls which are located on this tab. To terminate the tab control just create a last "tabitem" control with a null text "". The Left and Top parameters on "tabitem" are not relevant, just mandatory as for other control definition. The "tabitem" control cannot be painted (too much code ...). Only one tab can be created by dialog box.