Forum Upgrade

Jon

• Administrators

There's a new "stable" RC version of the forum out so I am going to backup the forum and give it a go in about 8 hours (Early morning UK time). Expect the forum to be down for a while :ph34r:

I think the skins from this version won't work so I may have to use the default skins/emoticons for a while (assuming the upgrade works).

So if you see that the forum is down you know why. :(

• Administrators

Upgraded to Invision Power Board 2.0 PF2.

As predicated the skins and languages didn't quite work with the new version so we'll have to put up with the defaults until I can hack a new skin up. I'm _hoping_ that if someone logs on and they had one of the deleted skins sets then the board will automatically replace with the default. I hope.

Any problems then just post in the chat forum while we all work out what is going on :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

The forum will be upgraded to PF4 today at "some point". So it will be down/broken for around an hour (if it goes well...). PF4 is the last "beta" version of Invision Power Board 2.0 with the final version coming out in the next couple of weeks. But you know me, I like beta stuff and having to fix broken things. :ph34r:

Expect weirdness and gfx changes, etc.

• Administrators

Upgrade to PF4 complete.

Clear out your temporary internet files/caches otherwise you are likely to see very weird things

The skin has changed to the "final" default skin that the board will ship with when released - unfortunately it is radically different (code wise) than the skin that I based the AutoIt/Hiddensoft skin on. So i've removed that skin while I update and test it. Shouldn't take more than 1 day or too (depending on how much work they have for me at work today :( )

The upgrade from PF4 to final should go smoothly now that there won't be any more surprises - trash your board before the rush I say :ph34r:

Edited by Jon

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Upgrading the forum to 2.0.2 tomorrow GMT (i.e before most of you wake up :) ).  Forum will be down for a short while.

As Trids kindly pointed out, GMT is all day :)

I meant in the morning, i.e. now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm upgrading to 2.0.3 tomorrow morning (8/9am ish) GMT. Board will be down for about 20 mins. There's only usually about 2 people on at that time on a Saturday morning anyway :)