Desktop wallpaper

shornw

hi

Can anyone offer any advice or help. I have to change a users wallpaper and as thay have removed any network admins from local Administrator group I cant use a domain policy.

I am using RegWrite to modify HKCU\control Panel\desktop>>>>wallpaper and it removes the existing wallpaper but does NOT replace it with the required image, even after a reboot to re-read the registry.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

Hi MHZ

Thanks for this.. actually the resolution was so pathetically simple I'm almost embarrassed!!! ;-)

The registry uses the file %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\wallpaper01 so all I had to do was copy the image I wanteed to impose on the user to this location, overwriting the original, then disable the desktop tab in desktop propreties via the registry.... job done

Isnt it odd how we overcomplicate things sometimes, when the simplest of fixes works...I find I do it all the time

Thanks again

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

• Moderators

Isnt it odd how we overcomplicate things sometimes, when the simplest of fixes works...I find I do it all the time

Ha!!... Speak for yourself... I do it ALL the time!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.