Progressbar According to TotalLineNumbers

Is there a way to open a dialog box (either a GUI Creation or MsgBox) and post the script line accessed currently and showing the total script line amount.

I'm guessing something will use _FileCountLines () and @ScriptLineNumber

I don't even know if the first part is possible. Thanks

A decision is a powerful thing

For the progressBar effect, simply use ProgressOn() and ProgressOff(). But I don't think this would work, the function doesn't "take enough time" to display in a progress bar. It would display and disappear since the function really takes 2.551 seconds (calculated from Scite).

Kurt

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Kurt,

That's kind of cool though. I hadn't seen that function before (reading about it now). Thank you for letting me know how scite calculates.

Is there a way then to do it with just a dialog (MsgBox) and continually post where the script is at in comparison to the entire amount of lines?

At 10 of 98

that sort of thing

Thanks!

Zenda, good point... any other ideas that would achieve this effect? I might just do percentage breaks or something.

However, do know any ways of accomplishing the method I first mentioned? Although it would still be buggy, I'd like to experiment with it.

Edited by JohnBailey

ProgressBar for this is bad idea.

When you have Loops or functions in your code then @ScriptLineNumber fall down at runtime.

When I was playing with TCP and UDP some months ago, I made a function for showing error-

messages, where I showed @error, @extended, @ScriptLineNumber plus some other stuff for

debugging. The way I did this was to add these macros as values for optional parameters in

my function, which wasn't meant to be used at all. Something like this if I recall it correctly :

ErrorDisplay("TCPListen failed !")

Func ErrorDisplay($sMsg, $iError = @error, $iExt = @extended, $iLine = @ScriptLineNumber)
    MsgBox(16, "Error", ...)
EndFunc

Zenda, good point... any other ideas that would achieve this effect? I might just do percentage breaks or something.

However, do know any ways of accomplishing the method I first mentioned? Although it would still be buggy, I'd like to experiment with it.

Make progressbar but not based on @ScriptLineNumber rather based on your own variable which will correspond to real progress of your script.

And my nick is Zedna :)

Zedna! haha Sorry about that! Thanks for pointing that out... I'm a goob :D:)

Great idea!! I really like it! It will take a bit more time, but will be WAY less buggy as you said. Do you know a good method for updating the progress bar with out closing it. I've been experimenting with the GUI progress bar but not sure how to use it and not close it.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate(StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4),220,100, -1,-1, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
;GUISetBkColor (0xE0FFFF)

$progressbar = GUICtrlCreateProgress (10,15,200,20,$PBS_SMOOTH)
$procent = GUICtrlCreateLabel ('0 %', 10,40,200,20,$SS_CENTER)
$stop = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Stop",75,68,70,22,$BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON)

GUISetState()

$i = 0
While 1
  $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $stop OR $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop

$i = $i + 1
  If $i > 100 Then $i = 0

GUICtrlSetData ($progressbar,$i)
  GUICtrlSetData ($procent,$i & ' %')

Sleep(100)
Wend

Edited by Zedna