Auto3Lib Error

b0x

I get an errormessage if i use the ScreenCap Function in Auto3Lib. Maybe someone else has an error like this too.

_API_GetCursorInfo: 998, Invalid access to memory location..

greez b0x

maybe you can post the code that causes the error, otherwise we'll have to guess....

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

In my script i only have the line

#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>
_ScreenCap_Capture("Q:\project b0x\"&$scrn, 328, 325, 343, 482)

maybe the fault is in the Auto3Lib, i tried to look up but i failed, Iam not good in such things.

here's the link to the thread where i got the library, maybe one of you can try ScreenCap if it works at yours.

In my script i only have the line

#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>
_ScreenCap_Capture("Q:\project b0x\"&$scrn, 328, 325, 343, 482)

maybe the fault is in the Auto3Lib, i tried to look up but i failed, Iam not good in such things.

here's the link to the thread where i got the library, maybe one of you can try ScreenCap if it works at yours.

that cannot be the whole script, because you are using an undefined variable ($scrn) and the interpreter would have caused a runtime error (Error: variable used without beeing declared). Besides that, the screen capture function works on my system (WinXP SP2).

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I get an errormessage if i use the ScreenCap Function in Auto3Lib. Maybe someone else has an error like this too.

_API_GetCursorInfo: 998, Invalid access to memory location..

greez b0x

As I explained in the PM you sent me an hour ago, I don't think the problem is with the UDF. _API_GetCursorInfo is called inside of _ScreenCap_Capture to get the global cursor information. It is allocating a very small amount of memory. It appears that your machine is low on memory. The screen image is capture to memory before writing to a file. It takes about 4-5 MB of memory to do this.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

hmmm ive 1GB memory and i just reinstalled windows. That cannot be!

something completely different. You are not running this on 64-Bit Windows XP, do you?

no i dont!

//EDIT

is it possible to save the screenshots as a jpeg? or only bmp?

O.K. and you get the same error if you run ONLY the two line script you posted?

yes i ve already tested this, and iam gettin the error at the examplescript too. :/

well, then it's a problem with your system....

ok i tried it on my other 2 PCs too and it doenst work, i tried it on Pcs of friends and family members and theyre gettin' another error, i though w00t as I saw this. Can someone maybe help me with making a screenshot on a specific part of the screen?

ok i tried it on my other 2 PCs too and it doenst work, i tried it on Pcs of friends and family members and theyre gettin' another error, i though w00t as I saw this. Can someone maybe help me with making a screenshot on a specific part of the screen?

??? What's the other error? What's your Windows version? What's your AU3 version?

It still works on my system. It writes the screenshot as it should...