Question about script perfomance on network server

kimoh

I have created an AutoIt script and converted it to an executable. The script runs in the background in a While loop waiting for certain events to occur, then carries out some code when those events occur. I would like to store the script on a server (rather than on individual workstations) and be able to run it from all workstations. My question is: if the script is on the server, does the script load locally into each workstation when it is run and executed locally so that there would be minimal impact on network and server performance? Also, if there is only one instance of the program on the server, can it be run simultaneously on each workstation?

Thanks in advance!

I think it depends on what the script is doing.. Well at first i dont think you should consern about the network usage as (if i understand proberly) the program is loaded on the local computer, so no really bandwith stealer. I dont know about the keywords like @AutoItExe what that will return (if you use that). The same about all write / read file functions you might use. But if its pure wait for event and then do something not read/write file i woulf think its safe

All the file read/write I'll let other answer

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

I think it depends on what the script is doing.. Well at first i dont think you should consern about the network usage as (if i understand proberly) the program is loaded on the local computer, so no really bandwith stealer. I dont know about the keywords like @AutoItExe what that will return (if you use that). The same about all write / read file functions you might use. But if its pure wait for event and then do something not read/write file i woulf think its safe

All the file read/write I'll let other answer

The script does not do any file writing. It mainly looks at some windows running on the current workstation and will write to some of the controls within the windows through a GUI created with AutoIt.

Then I will say your safe :) If you really want to be safe you could make the program copy itself to the local computer run itself and delete on exit.. but i dont think thats necesary..

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit