Entering ip address

I am writing a script to install pervasive sql client. At one point of the install, I have to test the network connection. I test the connection by entering the ip address (10.100.100.29) of the psql server. The title of the window is "Test Network Connection". There's a place to type in the ip address with a caption of "Target machine". The "m" in machine is underscored. There's also < back>, <next,> and <cancel> buttons.

Using the "send or controlsend" commands have not been successful. Based on the above info, would someone be kind enough to give me the correct syntax for sending the ip address. Thank You.

Why not just use Ping

Local $ip="10.100.100.29"
If ping($ip) Then 
    ;Do some work
Else
    msgbox(16,"ERROR", "Could not connect to: " & $ip)
EndIf

I am writing a script to install pervasive sql client. At one point of the install, I have to test the network connection. I test the connection by entering the ip address (10.100.100.29) of the psql server. The title of the window is "Test Network Connection". There's a place to type in the ip address with a caption of "Target machine". The "m" in machine is underscored. There's also < back>, <next,> and <cancel> buttons.

Using the "send or controlsend" commands have not been successful. Based on the above info, would someone be kind enough to give me the correct syntax for sending the ip address. Thank You.

It would depend on the type of control, but if the application uses a standard IPAddress control, you can use the IPAddress module in Auto3Lib to fill in the IP address. There is a demo script included that shows how to fill in an IP address in an external application. Using Ping is not reliable because many servers today are configured not to respond to ping requests.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt