Tuneup Utilities 2007

Comocho

Here is my first attempt at a unattended install using Tuneup Utilities 2007. Enjoy!!!

I was wondering if there was any way to make it install silently, but with the options that I choose. (see script.)

When I run ("TU2007TrialEN.exe /s") in my Au3 script. it overwrites everything I did. I am trying to automate my programs using Autoit. (which is a great program) and I could use a little help.

P.S. also if anyone has some better/easier ways to arrange this script please let me know. I could use the suggestions.

Thanx

TU2007TrialEN.au3

Let me say that I dont have tuneup, so I didn't actually use your script. I did look over it though...

It looks pretty good, I like how you have divided it up into sections and kind of titled them, like Welcome, License, etc. It gives whoever is reading your code a good idea of what is going on and what you are trying to accomplish. You also do a good job of using white space to make it very readable.

Some suggestions, I would delete the lines that you have commented out that are not titles. For example in:

;Disable the Tuneup Update Wizard
WinWaitActive("Update Check Recommended", "In 2 days")
;ControlClick  ( "Update Check Recommended" , "" , "TRadioButton2" )
;ControlClick  ( "Update Check Recommended" , "" , "TComboBox1" )
Send ("{DOWN 7}")
;Send ("{ENTER}")
ControlClick  ( "Update Check Recommended" , "" , "TButton1" )

I would delete the ctrlclicks that you are not using, and also the send you are not using. would make it a little easier to see and understand. Something that I have found, which just might be an oddity with the computers that I am using, is it sometimes helps to add a little pause after each keystroke you send, ie:

;Application Settings
WinWaitActive ( "TuneUp Utilities 2007 Setup" , "Application Settings" )
Send ("{TAB 3}")
Sleep(500)
Send ("{SPACE}")
Sleep(500)
Send ("{TAB}")
Sleep(500)
Send ("{SPACE}")
Sleep(500)
Send ("{TAB}")
Sleep(500)
Send ("{SPACE}")
Sleep(500)
Send ("{TAB 2}")
Sleep(500)
Send ("{ENTER}")
Sleep(500)

Again, you dont have to always do that, it just works a little smoother for me when I do. Other then that, it looks very good. Congrats!

Some suggestions, I would delete the lines that you have commented out that are not titles. For example in:

;Disable the Tuneup Update Wizard
WinWaitActive("Update Check Recommended", "In 2 days")
;ControlClick  ( "Update Check Recommended" , "" , "TRadioButton2" )
;ControlClick  ( "Update Check Recommended" , "" , "TComboBox1" )
Send ("{DOWN 7}")
;Send ("{ENTER}")
ControlClick  ( "Update Check Recommended" , "" , "TButton1" )

I would delete the ctrlclicks that you are not using, and also the send you are not using.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. actually, about those ctrlclicks, I actually forget them in there when I was still experimenting. What about the silent install problem? I would like to run this program using Nlite, (as well as diskeeper but thats the next project.) and it would be look more seamless if they installed silently (or in the background) , but with my settings. Any ideas?