Linux?

Well unfortunatly it looks like I have a computer that runs on linux (bah hum bug). Are there any suggestions out there with writting autoit like code for linux? I was hoping I might be able to force a file copy from the linux machine to a network drive that way I can do some file manipulation on a windows machine however I don't think that autoit runs at all on linux (I don't want to just try it and have the whole system take a dump).

Thanks

Well unfortunatly it looks like I have a computer that runs on linux (bah hum bug). Are there any suggestions out there with writting autoit like code for linux? I was hoping I might be able to force a file copy from the linux machine to a network drive that way I can do some file manipulation on a windows machine however I don't think that autoit runs at all on linux (I don't want to just try it and have the whole system take a dump).

Thanks

no, autoit does not run on linux, it's a windows binary! Search the forum for "linux" to find some scripting suggestions for linux (bash,perl,python, etc.).

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Or give WINE a try. I know that I've seen someone else comment about how they could run some AutoIT scripts under linux with WINE. I don't know how, or what the capabilities/restricitons are, though

EDIT: I am certain that you will have very limited functionality, but maybe you can get done what you need to. On the other hand, scripting in a language which is supported natively in Linux will avoid any potential problems (except that of learning the new language :))

Edited by improbability_paradox

Go with bash (shell scripts), seeing as linux still has massive amounts of support for the CLI, damn near anything can be accomplished with it.

they are the linux equivalent of a windows batch file, but with a lot more power as far as system manipulation goes.