Printing formatted pages from AutoIt?

:) I'm giving up...!

I cannot find a way to print formatted output from autoit, and still have no clue.

Is there a way to send formatted output (to say, bold, italics, underlined) from autoit?

Or I have to use a filter...? If it is the case, Which filter is lightweight and provide more printing options?

Rev 127 Et factum et prælium magnum in cælo: Michaël et angeli ejus præliabantur cum dracone, et draco pugnabat, et angeli ejus: 8 et non valuerant, neque locus inventus est eorum amplius in cælo.9 Et projectus est draco ille magnus, serpens antiquus, qui vocatur diabolus, et Satanas, qui seducit universum orbem: et projectus est in terram, et angeli ejus cum illo missi sunt.

:) I'm giving up...!

I cannot find a way to print formatted output from autoit, and still have no clue.

Is there a way to send formatted output (to say, bold, italics, underlined) from autoit?

Or I have to use a filter...? If it is the case, Which filter is lightweight and provide more printing options?

automate wordpad with autoit or use the MS Word/Excel UDF if you have MS Office installed.

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

automate wordpad with autoit or use the MS Word/Excel UDF if you have MS Office installed.

Thanks for the advice, but... (there is always a but...)

I was thinking formatting "behind the scenes", not showing the user that I have automatted another part of his/hers OS... :) I have tried to do it via HTML (messy), PDF (more messy)... and a couple of options. HTML was fine but It will be better if I hide the browser and send it to the printer... (perhaps just showing the printing dialog to allow the user to regret from his action :D). And I cannot know if the end-users have MS-Office

Rev 127 Et factum et prælium magnum in cælo: Michaël et angeli ejus præliabantur cum dracone, et draco pugnabat, et angeli ejus: 8 et non valuerant, neque locus inventus est eorum amplius in cælo.9 Et projectus est draco ille magnus, serpens antiquus, qui vocatur diabolus, et Satanas, qui seducit universum orbem: et projectus est in terram, et angeli ejus cum illo missi sunt.

You should generate HTML.

#include <IE.au3>

$file = @scriptdir & "\output.htm"
FileWriteLine($file,"<b>Bold text</b>")

$oIE = _IECreate ($file)
_IEAction ($oIE, "printdefault")
_IEQuit ($oIE)
Thanks for the advice I was surfing somewhere and didn't notice that you have posted, thanks. I need a way to hide the "guts/entrails" of my program

thanks lod3n, I will give your suggestion a try [i have not searched enoug in _IEAction too much and perhaps there is a way].. (no autoit installed in this computer...), and of course thanks /dev/null. I will post here again if problems arise.

;- Nice blog lod3n

Edited by Qsr Nrwn

If you are looking to do it hidden, you can invoke IECreate with the hidden option:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ($file,0,0)
_IEQuit ($oIE)

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

If you are looking to do it hidden, you can invoke IECreate with the hidden option:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ($file,0,0)
_IEQuit ($oIE)
Thanks lod3n!!

Does exactly what I need...

Next time I will read all options from a UDF :) (Of course, if I'm not too tired... [No sleep for about 36 hours in a row])