Serial input again

notta

I'm working on an automated installer and I'm on the last screen, but I'm stuck on inputting the serial #. Any help with this one guys?

WinWaitActive ("InstallShield Wizard", "Select from the following options.")
Send ("!n")

WinWaitActive ("InstallShield Wizard", "The InstallShield Wizard will help you activate")
ClipPut ("999999-999999-999999-999999")
;ControlSetText ("InstallShield Wizard", "", "Edit1", "999999")
;ControlSetText ("InstallShield Wizard", "", "MaskedEdit1", "999999")
;ControlSetText ("InstallShield Wizard", "", "MaskedEdit2", "999999")
;ControlSetText ("InstallShield Wizard", "", "MaskedEdit3", "999999")
Send ("^v")
Send ("!n")

I first started off with the ControlSend command, but couldn't get it to work, so than I tried the commented out ControlSetText with the same result. Than a last try I used the ClipPut command with the same result. I tried using Controll ID values as well, but same result. All 3 are right, but it just stops dead on that screen.

The serial number box is 4 broken up fields. Any ideas on this one?

Did you try Send('9999' & @Tab)?

I never tried to use send because of everything I read about it for entering text. I'll try right now and get back. I don't think I'll need the @TAB because it automatically goes to the next field after the last number is typed into the first field.

I'm afraid that didn't work either. When the installer comes to that page the cursor is blinking in the first text field. Wonder if I have to controlClick the first field any way? I'm grasping at this point.

if you can type in the serial number, send() should work as well... Is the window activated? What happens if you send() a couple of TABs? What's the name of the application?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

if you can type in the serial number, send() should work as well... Is the window activated? What happens if you send() a couple of TABs? What's the name of the application?

I tried a couple of tabs, but same result. Just comes into the page and blinks in the first field. Here is what I used:

WinWaitActive ("Welcome to Intellisync", "Enter your Serial Number")
Send ("{TAB}")
Send ("{TAB}")

The window is the only window on the screen and is active. When the script stops I can enter the numbers right away without doing anything. Maybe my controlID's are wrong? I've used the Window Tool numerous times and I think it's right. The application is Intellisync.

Still testing. it just entered the tabs. I changed the script to this:

WinWaitActive ("InstallShield Wizard") 
Sleep(1000)
Send ("{TAB}")
Send ("{TAB}")

I removed the text and added a sleep thinking the script was trying to enter the text too soon. Going to remove the sleep now and try the serial numbers now.

I tried a couple of tabs, but same result. Just comes into the page and blinks in the first field. Here is what I used:

WinWaitActive ("Welcome to Intellisync", "Enter your Serial Number")
Send ("{TAB}")
Send ("{TAB}")

The window is the only window on the screen and is active. When the script stops I can enter the numbers right away without doing anything. Maybe my controlID's are wrong? I've used the Window Tool numerous times and I think it's right. The application is Intellisync.

put a msgbox between WinWaitActive() and Send(), just to see if WinWaitActive() returns.... If the title/text does not match, WinWaitActive will wait forever.....

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Well it seems the problem was the text part of the WinWaitActive. There are only a few words on that page and I tried them all. I don't know why the script wasn't recognizing any of the text. I know I entered them correctly. Thanks for all the help.