Scripting command line programs

I've just recently dl AutoIt. I usually create batch files or windows shortcut files to automate everything. In using AutoIt how would I get this code to run?

"C:\Program Files\GameEx\JoyToKey.exe" "psxdc.cfg"

This is a shortcut I created to JoyToKey.exe. It launches the program with the config file named psxdc.cfg. The config file is placed in the same directory as JoyToKey.exe. I tried

CODE
run ("C:\Program Files\GameEx\JoyToKey.exe PsxDc.cfg")

This launches the program without using the cfg file. Apart from the help file included with AutoIt. Can someone point me to some beginner literature. Thanks.

I've just recently dl AutoIt. I usually create batch files or windows shortcut files to automate everything. In using AutoIt how would I get this code to run?

This is a shortcut I created to JoyToKey.exe. It launches the program with the config file named psxdc.cfg. The config file is placed in the same directory as JoyToKey.exe. I tried

CODE
This launches the program without using the cfg file. Apart from the help file included with AutoIt. Can someone point me to some beginner literature. Thanks.

1 Welcome to the Autoit Forums

2.. most likely this wiil work

Run ('C:\Program Files\GameEx\JoyToKey.exe "PsxDc.cfg"', @WorkingDir)

3 To learn alot - quickly, use

Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3 ( in my signature below)

8)

NEWHeader1.png

CODE

1.) read this thread: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40349

2.) Your config file is stored in the same directory as JoyToKey.exe. From where do you start the AU3 script? If that's a different directory, than you cannot use "relative" file names, better use absolute file names: "C:\Program Files\GameEx\PsxDc.cfg".

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

1.) read this thread: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40349

2.) Your config file is stored in the same directory as JoyToKey.exe. From where do you start the AU3 script? If that's a different directory, than you cannot use "relative" file names, better use absolute file names: "C:\Program Files\GameEx\PsxDc.cfg".

Thanks for taking the time out to help me guys. I would like to place the script in the same directory as joytokey.exe (C:\Program Files\GameEx). The way I have it setup now is by using 2 bath files and 1 windows shortcut file. I would like to bundle everything into one autoit script. At the same time making the code clean looking.

1 Welcome to the Autoit Forums

2.. most likely this wiil work

Run ('C:\Program Files\GameEx\JoyToKey.exe "PsxDc.cfg"', @WorkingDir)

3 To learn alot - quickly, use

Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3 ( in my signature below)

8)

At first I thought it didn't work. But it does. Like I said I'm new. Thanks Valuater. Edited by LingPanda