MSAccess UDF [updated]

GEOSoft

@DjDeep00

Jon had some sever prblems apparently so there were corrupt ZIP files. I recommend that you try the download again.

Give me a day or two and I'll create a new page on my own site with all of my UDF's. I'll post when that is finished.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 months later...

Hello GEOSoft,

Thank you for taking the time to write this UDF and to share it with the AutoIt community. This is just what I have been looking for. I will be spending a lot of time today testing it's usage. Do you have any example scripts that would help?

I also see by your profile that you are interested in Powershell. Have you had any ideas on how you would use it with AutoIt?

Thanks for your time and I hope you are having a Merry Christmas.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

• 4 months later...

There have been important script breaking changes to this UDF. Please see the last edit in the first post. Actually nothing will be broken if you are still using the old file but that file has not been updated for quite a while now. The file you want is access.au3 which is in the access.zip file along with a new constants file.

Sorry people, but many of you will have had the wrong files for a while now because the link was going to an old file. Follow the download directions in the first post. I promise not to change that link anytime in the near future.

Call me ignorant, but it had to be done.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

I forgot to change the zip file to include the _accessCompactDB() function.

The issue has been corrected.

George

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have example scipts? The Code Examples link from http://dundats.mvps.org/autoit/ website isn't working.

Thanks!

I have not uploaded the example code yet. There are a couple of examples in this thread and (I think) a couple on the UDF itself. What are you trying to do? If you tell me that, I can probably work out an example for you.

George

I have not uploaded the example code yet. There are a couple of examples in this thread and (I think) a couple on the UDF itself. What are you trying to do? If you tell me that, I can probably work out an example for you.

Hi i'm trying to connect to my ms access database where i could run a update query. Any example on how to achieve it?

Hi i'm trying to connect to my ms access database where i could run a update query. Any example on how to achieve it?

Send me a PM and I'll work it out for you then I can create an example from it.

George

• 4 weeks later...

Hi GEOSoft,

nice and useful UDF, thanks for that. Found a little bug in the zip-download from your website. In _accessUpdateRecord() the $aADO.Close() needs to be replace with $oADO.Close().

Best Regards

Edit: Typo

Edited by KaFu

Hi GEOSoft,

nice and useful UDF, thanks for that. Found a little bug in the zip-download from your website. In _accessUpdateRecord() the $aADO.Close() needs to be replace with $oADO.Close().

Best Regards

Edit: Typo

Thanks. I'll get that fixed sometime today.

Edit. Actually that is already fixed in my copy so I guess I just forgot to refresh the download. I'll do that now.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Where can i download MsAccess UDF ?

In order to download the file, you must first read the directions given in post #1

George

If you go to GEOSofts's website and browse to the UDF, right at the bottom there's "Download File". Within the Zip-File there is also the AccessConstants.au3.

Best Regards

Edited by KaFu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GEOSoft, I just happened upon this and have found it extremely useful, thanks for taking the time to make this as accessible and as user-friendly as you have.

I was just wondering if it is possible to use these functions on a protected database?

Any help or insights you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

Hi GEOSoft, I just happened upon this and have found it extremely useful, thanks for taking the time to make this as accessible and as user-friendly as you have.

I was just wondering if it is possible to use these functions on a protected database?

Any help or insights you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

I've never tried it on a protected DB. Try it and let me know. That may be cause for another function to be added.

Edit:

I forgot to thank you for the comment so THANK YOU. It's the most popular download on my site by a long way.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

You're Welcome!

When I try to run the script on an encrypted DB, it returns the error:

Line 689 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Access.au3"):

$oADO.Open ($adSource)

$oADO.Open ($adSource)^ ERROR

Error: The requested action with this object has failed.

That comes up when during the _dbOpen function is called, so I assume for it to work properly there needs to be a way to supply the password while trying to open the database. All this ADO stuff is new to me so hopefully you have some thoughts.

You're Welcome!

When I try to run the script on an encrypted DB, it returns the error:

Line 689 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Access.au3"):

$oADO.Open ($adSource)

$oADO.Open ($adSource)^ ERROR

Error: The requested action with this object has failed.

That comes up when during the _dbOpen function is called, so I assume for it to work properly there needs to be a way to supply the password while trying to open the database. All this ADO stuff is new to me so hopefully you have some thoughts.

I will have to look it up. That, for some reason is something that I did not consider. I'll see what I can do to add the function. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

George