Using ZIP Files with AutoIt

ziliiah

I have an applet that is a pre-loader for a VB.NET application. The applet checks versions of code for the VB.NET app, and if the user's version is down level, will download the update code base from a website.

The update code base is stored as a .ZIP file which I temporarily put on the desktop. However, now I need the ability to unzip that file. Are there any built-in primitives for working with compressed files, both creating, extracting, and updating them? If not, are there any plans to add this functionality?

I've seen the post where 7zip's freeware Command Line executable is used, but this means the inclusion of an extra file. I've now successfully integrated that into my applet, but it seems there must be a better way.

Any thoughts?

-- Ziliiah ( ziliiah at gmail dot com )

I dont see anything is implemented.. So for now you have to use 7zip or WinRAR maybe winzip.. (I use winrar) but i mean that every computer should have a program to handle zip files so I wouldnt count it as an extra program :)

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

Well, at least the 7Za.exe command line version only takes a single file and doesn't need to be installed. Working with .Zip files would be very easy to implement and seems like an ideal feature for AutoIt.

-- Ziliiah (ziliiah at gmail dot com)

• 4 months later...

Well, at least the 7Za.exe command line version only takes a single file and doesn't need to be installed. Working with .Zip files would be very easy to implement and seems like an ideal feature for AutoIt.

-- Ziliiah (ziliiah at gmail dot com)

Take a look at www.info-zip.org. I don't know how big 7Za.exe is but I bet it's bigger than unzip.exe.

Ralph