Can't send command line arguements to program

i am using a program called wput(well i actually started with the built in command line ftp in windows but i got the same problem)

I am basically trying to pass a file name to it via a dos prompt and upload the file however it keeps skipping the file. The bizarre part is that if i type the exact same thing i am passing by hand it uploads the file no problems only when i use the Send() command in auto does it skip the file.

my autoit code:

CODE
Func uploadFileWput($fileName)

Dim $ftpSettings = readFTPSettings()

sleep(2000)

If FileExists($fileName) Then

Else

MsgBox(4096,"", "does not exist.")

Sleep(5000)

EndIf

;Runwait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "wput.exe ftp://" & $ftpSettings[1] &":"& $ftpSettings[2]&"@"&$ftpSettings[0]& " " & $fileName & " ", "")

;Runwait("wput.exe ftp://" & $ftpSettings[1] &":"& $ftpSettings[2]&"@"&$ftpSettings[0]& " " & $fileName & " ", "")

Run("cmd", "")

Send(" wput.exe --verbose ftp://" & $ftpSettings[1] &":"& $ftpSettings[2]&"@"&$ftpSettings[0]& " " & $fileName & @LF & @CR)

;Send("{Enter}")

Dim $i = 0

Dim $cnt = 0

Do

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

if(WinExists("wput")=1)Then

$i = 1

EndIf

if($cnt > 5) Then

Break

EndIf

$cnt += 1

Until $i > 0

if($i = 0) then

msgbox(0, "FTP Error", "Upload Timed Out",10)

writeToLogFile("FTP Error Upload Timed Out")

return 0

EndIf

return 1

EndFunc

output of wput

CODE
C:\KSXReader>wput.exe --verbose ftp://user:pass@www.somesite.com mailbox\out\1_Midvale_07020

11302.xml

--13:03:05-- `mailbox/out\1_Midvale_0702011302.xml'

=> ftp://user:xxxxx@somesite:21/mailbox/out/..._0702011302.xml

Connecting to somesite:21... connected# --------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] -------

---

# You are user number 6 of 50 allowed.

# Local time is now 11:03. Server port: 21.

# This is a private system - No anonymous login

!

==> AUTH TLS ... failed (This security scheme is not implemented).

Logging in as user ... # User user has group access to: 12106

Logged in!

==> CWD mailbox/out

==> SIZE 1_Midvale_0702011302.xml ... failed.

Skipping this file due to resume/upload/skip rules.

-- Skipping file: mailbox/out\1_Midvale_0702011302.xml

# Goodbye. You uploaded 0 and downloaded 0 kbytes.

FINISHED --13:03:08--

Skipped 1 file.

now if i just type this physically in the command prompt it works fine:

wput.exe --verbose ftp://user:pass@www.somesite.com mailbox\out\1_Midvale_0702011302.xml

everything works fine and it uploads. I thought maybe it had something to do with the file maybe not existing but as you can see i am checking to see if the file exists now and that is not a problem either

thanks for the help

Edited by ethnarch

• Moderators

Do you have spaces in the parameter you want to send... might wrap that parameter in Double Quotes to see if it rectifies the issue.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i tried this like you said and no luck wput didn't even recognize the parameters this time.

C:\KSXReader>wput.exe --verbose 'ftp://username:password@www.something.com' 'mailbox\out\1_Midvale_07

02020705.xml'

Nothing done. Try `wput --help'.

then i tried this:

C:\KSXReader>wput.exe --verbose 'ftp://username:password@www.something.com mailbox\out\1_Midvale_0702

020700.xml'

Nothing done. Try `wput --help'.

I think it has something to do with the way that autoit terminates lines because if i type this

wput.exe --verbose ftp://user:pass@www.somesite.com mailbox\out\1_Midvale_07020

11302.xml

it works fine and the file gets uploaded, it only fails when i use run() or send() through autoit(with the same exact text i even double checked to make sure by copying and pasteing the auto it text that was outputted and it worked).

Shell Execute??

No luck with shell execute either, or i can't really tell because i can't see the error messages that may or may not appear is there a way to catch the output of the console when using shellexecute?

Another thing which i payed little attention to is this line in the original output:

==> SIZE 1_Midvale_0702011302.xml ... failed.
Skipping this file due to resume/upload/skip rules.

i tried putting another command in the line --reupload like this

wput.exe --verbose --reupload 'ftp://username:password@www.something.com mailbox\out\1_Midvale_0702
020700.xml'

and it has some more output:

==> SIZE 1_Midvale_0702020847.xml ... failed.
Remote file size is equal to local size. Restarting at 0
==> TYPE I ... done.
==> PASV ... done.
==> STOR 1_Midvale_0702020847.xml ... done.

This file however does not exist as everytime i run the app i am using the time to generate a unique file, in addition to the fact i looked on the ftp server and nothing is there i deleted all the files.

I also tried putting a longer Sleep of about 20 seconds thinking maybe the file wasn't finished being written or something but that didn't help either

oh yeah this is where i got that commmand from

−u

−−reupload

If this flag is specified, a remote file having the same size as the local one is to be uploaded. Skipping is default.

−−skip−larger

If this flag is specified, a remote file being larger than the local one will be skipped. Default is reuploading it.

−−skip−existing

If this flag is specified, the upload of a file will be skipped if the remote file already exists.

and if anyone wants to give my code a try here is the site for wput

Wput SourceForge

ugh i feel really stupid now,

i should have showed you guys where i was calling the function from, i was missing fileClose()

I stupidly never even tried to open the files there was nothing in them hehe which is why it wasn't uploading anything. The file was 0 kbytes.

so i changed this

;create file to put string created above in
        Dim $file = FileOpen ( "C:\Reader\mailbox\out\"&$locationSettings[1]&"_"&$locationSettings[0]&"_"&$fileNameDate&".xml", 2 )
        If $file = -1 Then
            writeToLogFile("could not open file for writing")
        Else
    ;write file to disk
            $file, $genValArr )
        EndIf

to this:

;create file to put string created above in
        Dim $file = FileOpen ( "C:\Reader\mailbox\out\"&$locationSettings[1]&"_"&$locationSettings[0]&"_"&$fileNameDate&".xml", 2 )
        If $file = -1 Then
            writeToLogFile("could not open file for writing")
        Else
    ;write file to disk
            if(FileWrite ( $file, $genValArr )=0)Then
                writeToLogFile("could not write file")
            Else
                FileClose($file)
            EndIf
        EndIf

now everything is happy hehe, thanks for the help everyone

Edited by ethnarch