Send Text

umek

I want to fill in an input field of an app from an input field of another app with

ControlGetText("CLF", "", "TSpecialEdit4"). It works ... but I have a little problem

when the input field of my 2nd app is already filled. In this case I have to delete the entry first.

I check the value of the input field with the same command but it's not possible for

me to delete the detected entry. any hint, pls help ....... if there's a way

I want to fill in an input field of an app from an input field of another app with

ControlGetText("CLF", "", "TSpecialEdit4"). It works ... but I have a little problem

when the input field of my 2nd app is already filled. In this case I have to delete the entry first.

I check the value of the input field with the same command but it's not possible for

me to delete the detected entry. any hint, pls help ....... if there's a way

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of apps?

Rick

One app is similar like an addressdatabase ... and the other app was wrote

by myself but with an authorsoftware ... it's a generator. I'm working with

the classes of these apps ... and how just mentioned it works so far ...

The problem is to delete the input field if there's already an entry ...

rgds umek

It is kind of hard to determine what you are saying although it is 3am. Maybe difining the apps with app A and app B might be clearer, and defining which one you wrote and which one you did not.

I don't understand why the app recieving the info does not store what imput A is sending it and then refreshing its imput after an {ENTER} or similar key is sent. It might be the one you created, should think about changing the app to clear itself in that case?

You might try to use an intermidiary like the clipboard or a text file to store the info and then flush them so the app recieving the info gets flushed with no or null characters but this might casue problems.

That or I am in need of :ph34r: or a good strong cup of ~~~(_)D to help me understand what you are saying.

Edited by Coffee

Sorry for my bad English !!!!

I have an input field in "APP A" with the class-> "TSpecialEdit4" and another "APP B" with the class-> "Edit5".

I want to store this value from "APP A" class-> "TSpecialEdit4" to "APP B" class-> "Edit5". It works.

But if the input field "Edit5" of "APP B" has already a value I have to delete it first. I could use Ctrl+A and then BACKSPACE

but "APP B" does not support Ctrl+A, hence I have to detect the entry or value and must delete it befor filling the new info's.

In other words ... how to detect and delete the value of an input field?

If it's possible to find the text with ControlGetText("APP B", "", "Edit5"), than it should be no problem to delete it,

but for me ...

rgds umek

"ControlSetText" is overwriting the old entry! Problem solved!

In some cases "ControlSetText" replaces the old entry or it gets added ...

In my case the value gets replaced ...

thx for your support

"ControlSetText" is overwriting the old entry! Problem solved!

In some cases "ControlSetText" replaces the old entry or it gets added ...

In my case the value gets replaced ...

thx for your support

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

even if it didn't replace it, you could first controlsettext to "" then put in the data from the other app.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

even if it didn't replace it, you could first controlsettext to "" then put in the data from the other app.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No thx for this tip but while testing it I noticed that it's another solution ...

But why should I take the easy way out, if it goes complicated ... *umpf* ;-)

many thx