Ipod Music Transfer

_Kurt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to work fine for me. I await the addition of sorting the songs into folders based on artist and album info :whistle:

Good job keep it up!

Thanks :). I will add that in next release (hopefully). I'm currently working with Bert, we're adding in some new stuff, we're looking into transfering all existing filetypes on the Ipod (video files, picture files, etc.).

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

hi kurt

im testing the new version right now, and i must say its now nice and fast ..

artist filter works fine too, although i have some artists which do have an "," in their name

the nice thing about the program is : i compile it and put it on my ipod drive , and i have all i need with me to get the files back...

for your other idea of retrieving all information about the ipod you may try to get into decoding the itunesDB itself

http://www.ipodlinux.org/ITunesDB

or it would be a good idea to decode the filenames ID3 tags and source info first into a local DB for further use , then you could use the local DB for "really" fast copying of the files , since you need to decode the filenames only once..

nob

hi kurt

im testing the new version right now, and i must say its now nice and fast ..

Yes, the speed has improved a lot.

artist filter works fine too, although i have some artists which do have an "," in their name

Never knew an artist would have a name with a comma. Don't worry, this will hopefully be changed next version.

for your other idea of retrieving all information about the ipod you may try to get into decoding the itunesDB itself

I'll look into it.

or it would be a good idea to decode the filenames ID3 tags and source info first into a local DB for further use , then you could use the local DB for "really" fast copying of the files , since you need to decode the filenames only once..

nob

Yes, but it seems like a lot of work for something that people wouldn't use too much. Once you've transfered songs to your computer, I wouldn't think of a reason to re-transfer them a second time. Thanks for the feedback again, nobbe, I'm glad you've given me suggestions :whistle:

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

• 2 weeks later...

I await the addition of sorting the songs into folders based on artist and album info :)

:lol: Done.

1.06 Version Released, Updated first post. Looking for feedback & suggestions.

Thanks,

Kurt :whistle:

Awaiting Diablo III..

Looks awsome _Kurt :whistle: I'll Get the type Part Working in the drive selection....

Edit: Was it just me or did all the files I was copying just try to open (1/12 complete, open file 1; 2/12 complete, open file 2....)?

Edited by bert

Was it just me or did all the files I was copying just try to open (1/12 complete, open file 1; 2/12 complete, open file 2....)?

So you're saying that after each file is copied, it attempts to open, or play them? If they were "playing", it's perfectly normal since that's what the WM obj does.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

So you're saying that after each file is copied, it attempts to open, or play them? If they were "playing", it's perfectly normal since that's what the WM obj does.

Kurt

Yeah. It trys to play them, but it cant play the filetype.

Yeah. It trys to play them, but it cant play the filetype.

Which filetype does it screw up on? I know what you mean though, you get a little Msgbox-looking window that says "(...) cannot play the following filetype, would you like to (...)".

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

could you put download on again please?

This would be really nice, becouse my iTunes doesn't find my ipod, but my windows does :P

I'm still fixing a couple of big problems. I will be uploading updated version once I get this problem solved. However, be patient, it may be a while considering I do not have as much free time on my hand :whistle:.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

simple question :

Can i transfer music from my computer to my ipod too ?

No, you cannot. Bert and I have tested this, and we have failed. You will need iTunes or another application to transfer the files from your computer to your Ipod.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

• 3 months later...

helpfull

nice job thankx

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

ufff :rambo: sorry then i dont need your programm *cry*

Sorry, i though it works PC -> IPoD :x

I've been doing some more testing lately, but alas, it still does nothing :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

You notice the part, of the first post, saying;

[ATTACHMENT REMOVED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]

Is it possable for you to release the source or an older version? I have my music folder copied off my ipod, and i cant seem to figure out how to read the id3 tags. Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...