Compile a script from a compiled script (exe)

I'm aware of /AutoIt3ExecuteScript parameter and have used it successfully from a compiled script. What I want to do now (if possible), is to compile a script from my original compiled script, not run it. This of course must work on a machine that does not have AutoIt available.

In other words can my compiled script, compile another script (i.e. one it created)?

Posted Image

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

go to the help file and search on the word compile

then look at method 3 under "Compiling Scripts with Aut2Exe" entitled "The Command Line"

File install Aut2exe via your main script.

Create your au3 file to be compiled via your main script.......

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Thanks 'herewasplato',

I'm aware of all that, but that means I must include another file (Aut2exe) to do the job.

I was hoping that the compiled script could compile as well as run another script - maybe using another parameter similar to /AutoIt3ExecuteScript or somesuch.

I figured that if it can run a script using /AutoIt3ExecuteScript (without AutoIt being on the system), then maybe it could compile it too?

:)

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Hi,

if you want to compile you need the compiler - so ... !

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thanks Mega

So you are saying that a compiled script (exe) does not have any compiler code in it - it can run another script, but it cannot compile it without using another file (Aut2Exe).

I was hoping that @AutoItExe had some other parameters like the above mentioned and /AutoIt3ExecuteLine.

:)

Spoiler

userbar.png