How to read stubborn controls

I'm trying to automate a program that is being stubborn. Autoit3Info can see the controls, give me a classname, ID and even the text of the control, but GUICtrlRead() always returns a 0. It's kind of annoying that the Info program can work with this control, but AutoIt itself can't.

Does anyone have any alternatives to GUICtrlRead() that might be able to read these text and checkbox controls. Code I'm using is below:

WinActivate("Setup", "")
$FullEmailAddress = GUICtrlRead("TEdit3")
MsgBox(0, "Debug", $FullEmailAddress)

Thanks.

• Moderators

I'm trying to automate a program that is being stubborn. Autoit3Info can see the controls, give me a classname, ID and even the text of the control, but GUICtrlRead() always returns a 0. It's kind of annoying that the Info program can work with this control, but AutoIt itself can't.

Does anyone have any alternatives to GUICtrlRead() that might be able to read these text and checkbox controls. Code I'm using is below:

WinActivate("Setup", "")
$FullEmailAddress = GUICtrlRead("TEdit3")
MsgBox(0, "Debug", $FullEmailAddress)

Thanks.

GUICtrlRead() is intended for native AutoIt GUI controls.

Might try looking at Control* functions, particularly: ControlGetText/ControlCommand

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.