AutoFormFillout

BrettF

Hi,

At school, I do design and manufacturing, and before we can do anything, we have to do safety tests, and get 100% on them. Before we can do a test, we have to enter infomation into a text input; on EVERY test. This prooves to be extremly annoying when re doing test. I know of some functions, but have know idea how to do anything. I have attached a sample test.

Thnaks,

Bert

:whistle:

what a dumb test! I guess this is not meant to teach the students, but purely for legal reasons. If one of the student cuts of a piece of himself, they will pull out the "Certificate of Safety" and say: "Hey, it's not our fault!". Which is absolutely O.K., as you cannot stop some idiots to hurt themselves anyway....

HINT: All the answers AND even the whole "Certificate of Safety" is part of the html code ...

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

what a dumb test! I guess this is not meant to teach the students, but purely for legal reasons. If one of the student cuts of a piece of himself, they will pull out the "Certificate of Safety" and say: "Hey, it's not our fault!". Which is absolutely O.K., as you cannot stop some idiots to hurt themselves anyway....

HINT: All the answers AND even the whole "Certificate of Safety" is part of the html code ...

:whistle: I can do the test easy.... I just hate filling out the 'about me'... Dumb, Hell Yeah!

Edited by bert

This should get you started... it will set the value of the name field.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=13250")
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "Details")

$oName = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "newName")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oName, "Your-name-here")

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

:whistle: I can do the test easy.... I just hate filling out the 'about me'... Dumb, Hell Yeah!

you don't understand my hint, do you?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Of Course i do- :)

:whistle:

so, why do you need the automation then?

Cause our backs are watched ere 30secs. :whistle: so if i cant game, what else could i do?

well, maybe bring up a IE window that shows the "you have passed the test certificate" ???

Edited by /dev/null