_GUICtrlEditGetLine API - Bug

VoSs2o0o

Hi,

I have wondered why my current program give me some strange values, and i have found more about a windows bug in google,

The EM_GETLINE Message works not correctly somethimes. A "better" _GUICtrlEditGetLine should be:

;===============================================================================
;
; Description:          _GUICtrlEditGetLine
; Parameter(s):     $h_edit - controlID
;                           $i_line - Specifies the line to be retrieved.
; Requirement:          None
; Return Value(s):  Returns the line from the multiline edit control.
;                           If an error occurs, the return value is "" (empty string) and @error is set.
; User CallTip:     _GUICtrlEditGetLine($h_edit, $i_line) Copies a line of text from an edit control. (required: <GuiEdit.au3>)
; Author(s):            Gary Frost (custompcs at charter dot net)
;                           Jos van der Zande <jdeb at autoitscript com >
; Note(s):
;
;===============================================================================
Func _GUICtrlEditGetLine(ByRef $h_Edit, $i_line)
    Local $i_index = _GUICtrlEditLineIndex($h_Edit, $i_line)
    If @error Then Return SetError($EC_ERR, $EC_ERR, "")
    ;Local $length = _GUICtrlEditLineLength($h_Edit, $i_index) ;not needed
    ;If @error Then Return SetError($EC_ERR, $EC_ERR, "")      ;not needed
         Local $length = 1024 - 2                              ;better way to make sure that you have the complete line readed
    Local $struct_Buffer = DllStructCreate("short;char[" & $length + 2 & "]")
    DllStructSetData($struct_Buffer, 1, $length, 1)
    If IsHWnd($h_Edit) Then
        _SendMessage($h_Edit, $EM_GETLINE, $i_line - 1, DllStructGetPtr($struct_Buffer))
    Else
        GUICtrlSendMsg($h_Edit, $EM_GETLINE, $i_line - 1, DllStructGetPtr($struct_Buffer))
    EndIf
    Local $struct_String = DllStructCreate("char[" & $length & "]", DllStructGetPtr($struct_Buffer))    
    Return DllStructGetData($struct_String, 1)
EndFunc   ;==>_GUICtrlEditGetLine

replace the old UDF in AutoIt\include\GuiEdit.au3 with this version to fix that problem.

I don't have posted it to the Bug-Forum, because its "only" a Windows Bug since Windows 2000,

the AutoIt code is correct and in other Windows versions it works stable (including the new Vista? :whistle::) )

AutoItMacroGenerator on my Homepage (Link 2)

Hi,

I have wondered why my current program give me some strange values, and i have found more about a windows bug in google,

The EM_GETLINE Message works not correctly somethimes. A "better" _GUICtrlEditGetLine should be:

replace the old UDF in AutoIt\include\GuiEdit.au3 with this version to fix that problem.

I don't have posted it to the Bug-Forum, because its "only" a Windows Bug since Windows 2000,

the AutoIt code is correct and in other Windows versions it works stable (including the new Vista? :whistle::) )

Mind explaining better what versions of windows you think it is a bug in?

Just ran it in Win2k Pro SP4 with no problems, and WinXP Pro SP2 also with no problems.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.