How do you pass parameters to the executable in AutoIT?

I need to pass parameters in a function i'm using in Matlab to an executable created in Auto IT v3. Is there a way to do that?

auto.applyNotchingParameters = @applyNotchingParameters;

% TASK 17: Set all the parameters for notching via the HMI windows. Same

% TBD as for scanning parameters...

function status = applyNotchingParameters(paramFormatTBD)

if testMode

disp('EXE: apply notching paramters')

status = 0; return

end

end

% -------------------------------------------------------------------------

auto.loadHNAFile = @loadHNAFile;

% TASK 18: Do the combination of mouse actions and text entry in the HMI to

% load a specified filename from the directory specified by filepath.

% Again, TBD how to pass these arguments to the executable...

function status = loadHNAFile(filepath,filename)

if testMode

disp(['EXE: load HNA file: ',filepath,' / ',filename])

status = 0; return

end

end

I used the AutoIt window info tool to get control id's. The options are a bunch of text fields, how do I pass parameters to the executable?

You might try looking into ControlGetText() or WinGetText()

Because I am not familiar with MatLab I don't know where the text is stored (assuming you are trying to get the text which represents a function). Or even if this will work, for that matter. It depends on where the data is stored on the window. Also, you will probably need to do some string manipulation to get exactly the data you want, but before attempting that I would just work on getting the data into a variable (even if it brings with it more than you want)

Is MatLab an application, or do you access it through a browser? If the Latter is the case, then you may be able to access the data using the IE() functions.

If this doesn't help at all, I apologize in advance. I am not 100% certain what you are trying to do, and since you have not posted any code the best I can do is give you a few suggestions which may or may not help you. Good luck!

I'm trying to set a bunch of fields in the autoIt script from Matlab. Matlab will use a function that will pass parameters to set three fields: scan rate (which is set with a scroll bar), RIF Factor (another scroll bar), N sigma (which is a floating point value) and an on/off selector.

We thought we could pass say numbers like notch_option(100,3.0000, 5.0000, on) like this instead of going through and writing scripts for each and every option. Do you know if you can pass parameters to a script or executable created with AutoIt v3? Matlab is a programming language that uses C like syntax. Thanks for your response earlier.

I will have a script and turn it into an executable is there a way to characterize an input and output signature for it?

what is an input/output "signature"??

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *