Runwait syntax help

lyledg

Hi Guys

I am wrting a custom installer for SMS, and have a simple question:

Currently I have this in a batch file and want to run it via Autoit and psexec

psexec.exe \\%1 -s \\<SERVER NAME>\SMS_<SITE CODE GOES HERE>\Client\i386\ccmsetup.exe /service SMSSITECODE=AUTO

And what I have thus far is this:

$Process = RunWait('psexec.exe -s \\' & $sSpecifyMachineName & " " & $sSpecifyServer & "\SMS_" & $sSpecifySite & "  \Client\i386\ccmsetup.exe /service SMSSITECODE=AUTO", @WindowsDir, @SW_SHOW)

It seems the command does not run, what am I missing?? :whistle:

without knowing the content of your variables and the error message, how do you think we can help?

EDIT: and the blank here is for sure not good. " \Client\i386\"

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

The variables are shown above in the first line of code...Anything can go in the Variables

$Process = RunWait('psexec.exe -s \\' & <Any machine name>  & " " & <Any Server Name > & "\SMS_" & < Any SMS Site Code> & " " < File location> "\ccmsetup.exe /service SMSSITECODE=AUTO", @ScriptDir, @SW_SHOW)

Is it not a matter of my Inverted comma's being the issue?

Edited by lyledg

The variables are shown above in the first line of code...Anything can go in the Variables

$Process = RunWait('psexec.exe -s \\' & <Any machine name>  & " " & <Any Server Name > & "\SMS_" & < Any SMS Site Code> & " " < File location> "\ccmsetup.exe /service SMSSITECODE=AUTO", @ScriptDir, @SW_SHOW)

Is it not a matter of my Inverted comma's being the issue?

well, as I said, WITHOUT knowing the content of the variables at the time you run it, how can we tell you what's going wrong? As you said, anything can go in the variables. So, how do we know, you put the right things into the variables?

Instead of RunWait() run ClipPut() with the whole (and SAME) string and then post that string here!

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *