Lock Computer

Could it be possible to add the "lock computer" to the shutdown function?

This would be very practical when running installs etc. At present I use psshutdown.exe -l, but it would be so much more elegant to do the lot in AutoIt.

Cheers

Nobby :ph34r:

CheersNobby

I know the windows key+ l will bring you to the user log in screen (which is the XP version of locking the screen.) It's been a while since I've used 2000, but this might work on that version as well.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I know the windows key+ l will bring you to the user log in screen (which is the XP version of locking the screen.)  It's been a while since I've used 2000, but this might work on that version as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That doesn't work on 2k... Though does lock XP machines...

Run("rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation") ;another method

info from  http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBE/tip2000/rh2050.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that should work for all... and cool, been meaning to look that one up.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• 3 weeks later...

Strange behavior with ControlSend. If I send a ":" with the screen locked it gets turned into a ";".

Send("#l")
Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad","","Edit1",":;Hello from Notepad")

If I comment out the first line it works as expected and ":;hello from notepad" is seen in notepad window. Otherwise, ";;hello from notepad" is there.

I am running Win XP SP1 and AutoIt 3.0.102.

-FF

Strange behavior with ControlSend.  If I send a ":" with the screen locked it gets turned into a ";".

Send("#l")
Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad","","Edit1",":;Hello from Notepad")

If I comment out the first line it works as expected and ":;hello from notepad" is seen in notepad window.  Otherwise, ";;hello from notepad" is there.

I am running Win XP SP1 and AutoIt 3.0.102.

-FF

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/pekster/pekster%27s%20scripting%20index.html
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/pekster/pekster%27s%20scripting%20index.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, this doesn't help me, because you are using Send to change the shift state, and this doesn't work when the screen is locked.

Also, I notice two things in your READ-ME.TXT:

It still says "USAGE: ShiftControlSend("title", "text", "classnameNN", "string", flag)".

All 5 args are required, although it sounds like flag is optional when you say 0 is the default behavior.

-FF

Upon further inspection, I guess you aren't the author, so you can ignore my nitpicking. :">

A possible solution: if the control is an Edit control, the following seems to work.

ControlCommand ("Untitled - Notepad","","Edit1","EditPaste",':;Hello')

Is this issue with ControlSend not being able to send SHIFTed characters considered a bug, or is it a feature?

-FF