how to call a built-in AutoIt function dynamically

• Moderators

hi everyone,

as we known call() is only used for calling a user-defined function , but how to call for a built-in function?

execept if ...endif or select...endselect, any other method?

any advise is welcome. thx in advance

1. Why would you want to use "Call" << Built in function itself, to call a built in function?

2. The only way I can think of is put it in its own function.

Call('__MsgBox', 64, 'Information', 'Here is your text', 5)

Func __MsgBox($Param1, $Param2, $Param3, $Param4)
    Return MsgBox($Param1, $Param2, $Param3, $Param4)
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

but how to call for a built-in function?

not possible. From help file of Call()

Remarks

The function cannot be a built-in AutoIt function or plug-in function.

Why would you want to do that?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

as we known call() is only used for calling a user-defined function , but how to call for a built-in function?

I guess I understand it now. Maybe you think you have to call a user function with Call(). That's NOT the case.

Func test()
   MsgBox(0,"","I'm in test")
EndFunc

;- now just call test with it's name. No need for Call()

test()

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Moderators

I guess I understand it now. Maybe you think you have to call a user function with Call(). That's NOT the case.

Func test()
   MsgBox(0,"","I'm in test")
EndFunc

;- now just call test with it's name. No need for Call()

test()
God help us if we hadn't covered them all thus far :whistle:
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hm.. maybe we should just wait for an answer from Mr. Mac Table.

thx all, i am sorry, i think i should describe my question more details.

i would like to write a simple script for some automations. for example:

;software installation

RunWait ("installer.exe") ;run a installer

RunWait("regedit.exe /s " & "setting.reg") ;import registry

;other window operation

RunWait("my_program")

WinWinActivate("my_program")

ControlCommand(...)

ControlClick(...)

but i do want to hard coding the above in .au3 script, so i would like to define those actions in an another config (.ini) file,

ini key = action (function) , and ini value = function parameters which separete by "|"

for example:

[install_xxx]

RunWait = installer.exe

RunWait = regedit.exe /s "setting.reg"

[other_window_operation0

RunWait = my_program

WinWinActivate = my_program

ControlCommand = window_tiltle | control_id | command

ControlClick = window_tiltle | control_id

then, my script could read this ini filem, then re-generate commands, and execute one by one.

although autoit has eval() function but does not works like my expect.

any idea? thx in advance!

but i do want to hard coding the above in .au3 script, so i would like to define those actions in an another config (.ini) file,

ini key = action (function) , and ini value = function parameters which separete by "|"

Hm.. read INI file, write all AU3 commands into another file and run that with /AutoIt3ExecuteScript (see help file: Autoit -> Using AutoIT -> Running Scripts).

Edited by /dev/null

Hm.. read INI file, write all AU3 commands into another file and run that with /AutoIt3ExecuteScript (see help file: Autoit -> Using AutoIT -> Running Scripts).

i see.

do you have any suggestion how to get result (return value) from another script? by save return value to file or by system environment value?

i see.

do you have any suggestion how to get result (return value) from another script? by save return value to file or by system environment value?

many ways: Registry keys, files, Exit codes (see Exit()), .....