Completely Dynamic menu

dinodod

Well, I did it, finally. After racking my head up against the wall till I bled, I finally made the script work.

I had a need to make a menubar that could be manage completely from a text file so I didn't need to hard code anything. Well, I am happy to inform you I did it!

I had some help pointing me in the direction (Credit to wiredbits) but then i ended up expanding it so i could support multiple menu items instead of just one as well as several other items.

* Issues *

I know some of the items do not work. i.e. the option to exit doesn't work right. It should be easy to fix, I haven't had a chance to do so yet myself.

The only major issue I do have is that my array is hardcoded. I am thinking that a REDIM command will work for that but haven't yet worked on it as I have presssing issues to address elsewhere.

; Need to declare my multi-dimension without declaring it 1st.  Look into redim

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Dim $cnt, $MaxIDValue
Dim $MyArrayMenu [50][50]   

$MenuFile= @ScriptDir & "\config\MenuStrip.ini"
$varSections = IniReadSectionNames($MenuFile)

GUICreate("Test", 412, 297, 302, 218, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

DynamicMenu()

While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()

Switch $msg  
        Case 1 To $MaxIDValue
            For $l = 1 to $cnt
                If $MyArrayMenu [$l][0] = $msg then
                    run($MyArrayMenu [$l][1])
                    If @error Then
                        MsgBox(8256,"Unable To Execute command" &@CRLF &"Check Path and/or File Name.")
                    EndIf
                endif
            next

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch 
WEnd

Func DynamicMenu()
    If FileExists($MenuFIle) Then
        For $MenuItemTitle=1 To $varSections[0]

;Create Menu Item
            $nmenuID=GUICtrlCreateMenu($varSections[$MenuItemTitle])

;Load the subitems
            $varKeysAndValues = IniReadSection($MenuFile, $varSections[$MenuItemTitle])

;Submenu Generator
            For $i=1 To $varKeysAndValues[0][0]
                $cnt = $cnt + 1 ;Since there is no COUNT option to count an array length, I had to impose this instead.  Some reasn I can't do $ItemID[0] to se the length
                $ItemID = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ($varKeysAndValues[$i][0],$nmenuID)

; Since I am using a multi-Dimension Array, there is no function to read the max value in one of the particular arrays
                ; So this is my workaround.  This value is used in the Case Select statement to create the loop need to match the ID's
                If $ItemID > $MaxIDValue Then
                    $MaxIDValue = $ItemID
                endif

$MyArrayMenu [$cnt][0] = $ItemID                ; Put the ID into the 1st dimension
                $MyArrayMenu [$cnt][1] = $varKeysAndValues[$i][1]   ; Place the value into the 2nd dimension
            Next                
        Next 
    EndIf
EndFunc

oÝ÷ ٳ䭮*b/Ûjëh×6
[File]
Exit            = "Exit"

[Favorites]
Google          = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.google.com
Gmail           = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.gmail.com
Video           = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://video.google.com
Autoit Forums       = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/

[Tools]
Options         = "options"

[Help]
About           = "notepad" "Version Info.txt"
Edited by dinodod

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

i modified the code just a tab bit, error checking, byref array.. ect

tell me what you think.. :">

btw i think ubound() is what you were looking for :whistle:

#include <Array.au3>

GUICreate("Test", 412, 297, 302, 218, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW)

Dim $MenuFile = 'MenuStrip.ini', $MyArrayMenu[1][1]
GUICtrlCreateDynamicMenu($MenuFile, $MyArrayMenu)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()

Switch $msg 

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case Else

For $l = 1 to $MyArrayMenu[0][0];$cnt
                If $MyArrayMenu [$l][0] = $msg then
                  ;run($MyArrayMenu [$l][1])
                    ConsoleWrite($MyArrayMenu[$l][1] &@LF)
                    If @error Then
                        MsgBox(8256,'error',"Unable To Execute command" &@CRLF &"Check Path and/or File Name.")
                    EndIf
                endif
            next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func GUICtrlCreateDynamicMenu($MenuFIle, ByRef $MyArrayMenu)
    If FileExists($MenuFIle) Then
        Local $varSections = IniReadSectionNames($MenuFile), $MaxIDValue, $iCnt = 0
        If @error Then Return SetError(2,0,-2)
        For $MenuItemTitle = 1 To $varSections[0]
          ;Create Menu Item
            $nmenuID = GUICtrlCreateMenu($varSections[$MenuItemTitle])

;Load the subitems
            $varKeysAndValues = IniReadSection($MenuFile, $varSections[$MenuItemTitle])

If @error Then ContinueLoop

;Submenu Generator
            For $i = 1 To $varKeysAndValues[0][0]
                $iCnt = $iCnt + 1
                ReDim $MyArrayMenu[$iCnt + 1][2]

$ItemID = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ($varKeysAndValues[$i][0],$nmenuID);Create the Dynamic Menu

$MyArrayMenu [$iCnt][0] = $ItemID             ; Put the ID into the 1st dimension
                $MyArrayMenu [$iCnt][1] = $varKeysAndValues[$i][1] ; Place the value into the 2nd dimension
            Next               
        Next
;Put the Total amount of array in [0][0]
        $MyArrayMenu[0][0] = $iCnt
        Return SetError(0,0,1)
    Else
        Return SetError(1,0,-1)
    EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by mrRevoked
Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

I see where you temporarly replaced the run command with ConsoleWrite. I've never been able to get ConsoleWrite to work for me. How do you see the console?

UBound wil return the size of the array but what I am trying to do is actually resize the array on the fly as it's being made. REDIM will resize the array and keep it's contents (Need to read more on the subject to better understand it). I see that you are using the REDIM command in your code as well :whistle:

Yea, I haven't done much with error checking hyet. Because of pressing issues, I had to crack the code as quickly a possible. Since I'm working with a variety of dynamic menus right now(Menu bars and now a Treemenu), I'm focusing on the bare min. to get it done, whch means exclding a proper error checking system. Maybe I will design a dynamic error checking system as well :)

I see where you it appears that you are setting the size of the array. Interesting. I'll need to learn that trick.

;Put the Total amount of array in [0][0]

$MyArrayMenu[0][0] = $iCnt

Return SetError(0,0,1)

Else

Return SetError(1,0,-1)

EndIf

Thanks for your feedback. I hope this comes handy.

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

Good idie! a long time ago i wanted to do somthing like this, but didn't know how, and now when i know, i forgot about this :whistle: .

Here is my version on this feature (engine?) - it allow to add more SubMenus and more... :

#include <Array.au3>
Opt("GuiOnEventMode", 1)
Opt("RunErrorsFatal", 0)
GUICreate("GUI Custom Menu", 412, 297, 302, 218, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW)
GUISetOnEvent(-3, "Quit")

Dim $MenuFile = @ScriptDir & '\Menu.ini', $ItemEventsArr[1][1]
_GUICtrlCreateCustomMenu($MenuFile, $ItemEventsArr)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _GUICtrlCreateCustomMenu($MenuFile, ByRef $ItemEventsArr)
    Local $MenuID, $MenuID2, $ItemID, $iCnt = 0
    $MainMenuSectArr = IniReadSection($MenuFile, "Main Menu")
    If Not @error Then
        For $iArr = 1 To $MainMenuSectArr[0][0]
            If StringLeft($MainMenuSectArr[$iArr][0], 8) = "Submenu," Then $MenuID = GUICtrlCreateMenu(StringTrimLeft($MainMenuSectArr[$iArr][0], 9))
            $SubMenuArr = IniReadSection($MenuFile, StringTrimLeft($MainMenuSectArr[$iArr][0], 9))
            If Not @error Then
                For $jArr = 1 To $SubMenuArr[0][0]
                    $iCnt += 1
                    ReDim $ItemEventsArr[$iCnt + 1][2]
                    If StringLeft($SubMenuArr[$jArr][0], 5) = "Item," Then
                        $ItemID = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem(StringTrimLeft($SubMenuArr[$jArr][0], 6), $MenuID)
                        $ItemEventsArr[$iCnt][0] = $ItemID
                        $ItemEventsArr[$iCnt][1] = $SubMenuArr[$jArr][1]
                    ElseIf StringLeft($SubMenuArr[$jArr][0], 8) = "Submenu," Then
                        $MenuID2 = GUICtrlCreateMenu(StringTrimLeft($SubMenuArr[$jArr][0], 9), $MenuID)
                        $SubSubMenuArr = IniReadSection($MenuFile, StringTrimLeft($SubMenuArr[$jArr][0], 9))
                        If Not @error Then
                            For $ijArr = 1 To $SubSubMenuArr[0][0]
                                $iCnt += 1
                                ReDim $ItemEventsArr[$iCnt + 1][2]
                                If StringLeft($SubSubMenuArr[$ijArr][0], 5) = "Item," Then $ItemID = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem(StringTrimLeft($SubSubMenuArr[$ijArr][0], 6), $MenuID2)
                                GUICtrlSetOnEvent($ItemID, "MainEvents")
                                $ItemEventsArr[$iCnt][0] = $ItemID
                                $ItemEventsArr[$iCnt][1] = $SubSubMenuArr[$ijArr][1]
                                $ItemEventsArr[0][0] = $iCnt
                            Next
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($ItemID, "MainEvents")
                    $ItemEventsArr[0][0] = $iCnt
                Next
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func MainEvents()
    For $iEv = 1 To $ItemEventsArr[0][0]
        If @GUI_CtrlId = $ItemEventsArr[$iEv][0] Then
            $CurentIDVal = $ItemEventsArr[$iEv][1]
            Select
                Case StringLeft($CurentIDVal, 8) = "Execute,"
                    Run(StringStripWS(StringTrimLeft($CurentIDVal, 8), 3))
                    If @error Then MsgBox(16, "Error - Program not found", "Can not execute an external program")
                Case $CurentIDVal = "Exit"
                    Exit
                Case StringLeft($CurentIDVal, 7) = "MsgBox,"
                    Local $Title, $Message
                    $TitleMsgArr = StringSplit($CurentIDVal, ",")
                    If IsArray($TitleMsgArr) Then
                        If $TitleMsgArr[0] >= 3 Then $Title = $TitleMsgArr[3]
                        If $TitleMsgArr[0] >= 5 Then $Message = $TitleMsgArr[5]
                        MsgBox(64, $Title, $Message)
                    EndIf
            EndSelect   
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

And the Menu.ini file must include this:

[Main Menu]
Submenu, File=
Submenu, Favorites=
Submenu, Tools=
Submenu, Help=
Submenu, Test=

[File]
Submenu, New Submenu=
Item, Exit=Exit

[Favorites]
Item, Google    = Execute, "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.google.com
Item, Gmail    = Execute, "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.gmail.com
Item, Video    = Execute, "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://video.google.com
Item, Autoit Forums  = Execute, "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/

[Tools]
Item, Options        = options

[Help]
Item, About      = MsgBox, Title, Version Info, Message, Version is: 1.0

[New Submenu]
Item, My Program=Execute, "C:\Program Files\MyProgram\MyScript.exe"
Edited by MsCreatoR

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team