Keyboard macro while coding in SciTE

dleigh

This seems like a basic and stupid question, but given the nature of AutoIt, it's difficult to find an answer for it using the keywords I can think of (I've searched the forums and docs, etc.)

I'm used to working with editors that have some sort of keystroke record/playback capability. Does this exist in the AutoIt version of SciTE? I can't seem to find it if it does. When I have to do some repetitive stuff while coding an autoit script, I find myself copying the text to another editor recording a quick keyboard macro, executing it, then copying the transformed code back. Kind of a lame way to do things for a language that is, after all, about automating.

So, is it ME that's lame :whistle: , or SciTe? What am I missing here? :">

Thanks for any guidance! :)

So, is it ME that's lame :whistle: , or SciTe? What am I missing here? :">

Thanks for any guidance! :)

Standard Scite has no Macro Recording. However, there are several options. Read this thread: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38888

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Just for others' sakes, based on the forum topics recommended, I checked out filerx and eventcorder. Filerx does do macros, but not quite the way I wanted. Eventcorder, while you have to fiddle a bit with what you recorded to make it fast (by default it plays it back EXACTLY as you recorded it...at human speed), is basically just what I needed. I can recommend it for those seeking quick "coding automation". The free version does all I need and it never expires.

Eventcorder: http://www.eventcorder.com